Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Why Sin Matters (McMinn): a book review
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- Book Write-Up: Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller
- Archaeologically Invisible
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Daily Archives: July 8, 2012
I just learned that actor Ernest Borgnine has passed on. My two favorite Borgnine performances: 1. The 1955 movie, Marty, in which Borgnine plays a lonely butcher from the Bronx who finds love when he meets a lonely chemistry teacher. … Continue reading
I have two insightful quotes for today. 1. Ezra Klein, Is the Obama administration the best vehicle for conservative health care ideas? “The fact of the matter is that the key policy ideas that reigned over conservative health-care policy thinking … Continue reading
At church this morning, during the children’s part of the service, the pastor and his puppet Jake were talking about what people want to be when they grow up, and whether or not that materializes when they actually do become … Continue reading