Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Death Penalty
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
- Angels in Romans 8:28 and Matthew Barrett’s Canon, Covenant and Christology
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
Daily Archives: July 27, 2012
I have four items for my write-up today on Newt Gingrich’s To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine. Their focus is on the environment and/or energy. 1. On page 240, Newt challenges the narrative that capitalism coincides with damage to … Continue reading
In an online discussion, Jay Gilbert made the following insightful comment about the Chick-Fil-A controversy and how government officials in Boston and Chicago are treating the business: “I fully support boycotting the restaurant (I have for years), but I think … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age, I’ll use as a pivot the Catiline conspiracy. You can read about the Catiline conspiracy here. Essentially, Catiline was a Roman politician who sought to … Continue reading