Posts I Like
May 2016 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Newt Gingrich's Lessons Learned the Hard Way 2
- Carson on Zane Hodges
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Newt Gingrich's Lessons Learned the Hard Way 5
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- A UMC Church, and God Qualifying the Called
- Brace Yourself…
- Who are the 24 Elders in Revelation 4?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- History and general revelation
- Book Write-Up: Forgiving My Daughter’s Killer
- Review: 16 Strivings for God
- Adams-how new is the new creation?
- Book Write-Up: The Atonement, by Beverly Lewis
- “Cannons”, Grace, and Grief
Category Archives: History
Kim Riddlebarger. The Lion of Princeton: B.B. Warfield as Apologist and Theologian. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015. See here to purchase the book. B.B. Warfield was a theologically conservative professor at Princeton in the late nineteenth-early twentieth centuries. In The … Continue reading
Patterns of Evidence is a 2015 documentary arguing that the biblical Exodus happened in history. On the blog, Debunking Christianity, biblical scholar Hector Avalos extensively critiques the documentary. I am sharing this for the information that Avalos presents. http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2016/01/patterns-of-poor-research-critique-of.html
John M. Frame. A History of Western Philosophy and Theology. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In A History of Western Philosophy and Theology, John Frame summarizes and critiques Western theological and philosophical views from … Continue reading
Today, I was reading about the Admonitions of Ipuwer, which was discussed in the 2015 documentary Patterns of Evidence. Patterns of Evidence argues that the biblical Exodus took place during Egypt’s Middle Kingdom Period. The Admonitions of Ipuwer presents a … Continue reading
I recently watched the 2015 documentary, Patterns of Evidence, which is about the historicity of the biblical Exodus. See here for the trailer. You can watch the movie on Netflix. Before I offer some thoughts about the documentary, I would … Continue reading
Jody Hedlund. Luther and Katharina: A Novel of Love and Rebellion. New York: Waterbrook Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. Martin Luther married a former nun, Katharina von Bora. Luther and Katharina is historical fiction about their relationship … Continue reading
Fred Sanders, ed. How God Used R.A. Torrey: A Short Biography As Told Through His Sermons. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. R.A. Torrey (1856-1928) worked with renowned evangelist D.L. Moody, and he also was instrumental … Continue reading