Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Patterns of Evidence (the Exodus), Part 3: Ipuwer
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Psalm 7
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Two Conservative Opponents of Dropping the A-Bomb
- Larry's Reflections
- Book Write-Up: Knowing Yourself Knowing God
- Can Bernie Sanders Supporters Replicate the Success of the Christian Coalition?
- Church Write-Up: God’s Love Is Constant
- Book Review: John C. Collins, Apocalypse, Prophecy, and Pseudepigraphy
- Enoch and the Essene Hypothesis
- Benjamin Brown on Halakhic Labor Law: Statist or Democratic?
- Book Write-Up: Freedom, by Jeremy Griffith
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Book Write-Up: If God Is Good, by Randy Alcorn
- A Religious Drifter Experiencing God?
Category Archives: History
John A. Hostetler. Amish Society: Revised Edition. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1963, 1968, 1971. I bought this book a while back at the Goodwill. It looked to me like an informative, detailed, and judicious discussion about the … Continue reading
Mark A. Tietjen. Kierkegaard: A Christian Missionary to Christians. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. Soren Kierkegaard was a nineteenth century Danish Christian philosopher. Kierkegaard had problems with the Christendom of his day, for he … Continue reading
Kim Riddlebarger. The Lion of Princeton: B.B. Warfield as Apologist and Theologian. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015. See here to purchase the book. B.B. Warfield was a theologically conservative professor at Princeton in the late nineteenth-early twentieth centuries. In The … Continue reading
Patterns of Evidence is a 2015 documentary arguing that the biblical Exodus happened in history. On the blog, Debunking Christianity, biblical scholar Hector Avalos extensively critiques the documentary. I am sharing this for the information that Avalos presents. http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2016/01/patterns-of-poor-research-critique-of.html
John M. Frame. A History of Western Philosophy and Theology. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In A History of Western Philosophy and Theology, John Frame summarizes and critiques Western theological and philosophical views from … Continue reading
Today, I was reading about the Admonitions of Ipuwer, which was discussed in the 2015 documentary Patterns of Evidence. Patterns of Evidence argues that the biblical Exodus took place during Egypt’s Middle Kingdom Period. The Admonitions of Ipuwer presents a … Continue reading
I recently watched the 2015 documentary, Patterns of Evidence, which is about the historicity of the biblical Exodus. See here for the trailer. You can watch the movie on Netflix. Before I offer some thoughts about the documentary, I would … Continue reading