Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- The Decline of the Goddess, Worship Only One God
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: Sunlight, by Julius Buchanan
- Ramblings on Music and Worship
- Book Write-Up: The Book of Mormon
- Book Write-Up: War Against War, by Michael Kazin
- Book Write-Up: He Will Be the Preacher, by Erwin W. Lutzer
- Pentecostal/Name-It-Claim-It Remnants?
- Book Write-Up: Vos’ Reformed Dogmatics, volume 1, Theology Proper
- Book Write-Up: What Does the Bible Say About Suffering?
- Another Phyllis Schlafly Recollection
- Lots of Time Before the Wiping Away of Tears
Category Archives: History
Michael Kazin. War Against War: The American Fight for Peace, 1914-1918. Simon and Schuster, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Kazin teaches history at Georgetown University and co-edits the publication Dissent. War Against War: The American Fight for … Continue reading
John Dickson. A Doubter’s Guide to the Ten Commandments: How, For Better or Worse, Our Ideas About the Good Life Come from Moses and Jesus. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2016. See here to buy the book. John Dickson has a Ph.D. … Continue reading
Ryan Nicholas Danker. Wesley and the Anglicans: Political Division in Early Evangelicalism. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Ryan Nicholas Danker teaches about the history of Christianity and Methodism at Wesley Theological Seminary. Wesley and … Continue reading
Jonathan A. Anderson and William A. Dyrness. Modern Art and the Life of a Culture: The Religious Impulses of Modernism. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Jonathan A. Anderson is an associate professor of art. … Continue reading
Dina L. Sleiman. Courageous. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2016. See here to buy the book. Courageous is the third book of Dina L. Sleiman’s Valiant Hearts series. The Valiant Hearts series is Christian historical fiction that is set in the thirteenth … Continue reading
Dina L. Sleiman. Chivalrous. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. Chivalrous is the second book of Dina Sleiman’s “Valiant Heart” series. The series is set in thirteenth century England. Chivalrous has some of the same … Continue reading
Abraham Kuyper. Our Program: A Christian Political Manifesto. Translated and edited by Harry Van Dyke. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015. See here to purchase the book. Abraham Kuyper (1837-1920) was a Dutch minister, a member of Parliament, and a prime … Continue reading