Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: Jesus Behaving Badly, by Mark L. Strauss
- II Chronicles 21: Elijah's Letter
- Waltons: The Actress
- Book Write-Up: Jesus and the Zealots, by S.G.F. Brandon
- Psalm 7
- Real Life
- Lipovsky-in the wilderness
- Book Write-Up: Rendering the Word in Theological Hermeneutics
- Book Write-Up: The Evangelical Experience, by Anthony Coleman
- Faith vs works?
- A Tale of Taphonomy: Clam Shrimp Fossils and the Age of the Earth
- Lipovsky-a captivating but flawed scenario
- Book Write-Up: Amish Sweethearts, by Leslie Gould
- 5 Reasons God Allows Atheism
- Lipovsky-a 12th century exodus
Category Archives: Intelligent Quotes
On Rachel Held Evans’ site, there is an excellent post by Erin Thomas on Embracing Faith As an Aspie. The post is excellent, as were many of the comments. But my favorite comment was by lainiep: “As an aspie female … Continue reading
In an online discussion, Jay Gilbert made the following insightful comment about the Chick-Fil-A controversy and how government officials in Boston and Chicago are treating the business: “I fully support boycotting the restaurant (I have for years), but I think … Continue reading
I have two insightful quotes for today. 1. Ezra Klein, Is the Obama administration the best vehicle for conservative health care ideas? “The fact of the matter is that the key policy ideas that reigned over conservative health-care policy thinking … Continue reading
Here are some quotes for the day! 1. Rachel Held Evans is looking for feedback about topics that she should cover for her blog. I especially liked Katy-Anne’s comment (which I have slightly edited in my quotation of it): “I … Continue reading
Kathy Escobar has a good post, Ex-Good-Christian-Women, in which she talks about the burden Christian women carry of having to meet (presumably certain evangelical) expectations of what it means to be a good Christian woman. Kathy then asks if men … Continue reading
On his blog, The Dubious Disciple, Lee Harmon has a book review of Paul Copan’s book, Is God a Moral Monster? Lee was not particularly convinced by Copan’s attempt to smooth over some of the troubling passages of the Bible, … Continue reading