Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Kristin Luker's Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood 6: Worldviews
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Anderson-3 periods
- Book Write-Up: A Love Made New, by Kathleen Fuller
- Book Write-Up: Mission Possible, by D.L. McCarragher
- Scattered Ramblings on Christians Leaving the Faith
- Book Write-Up: Walking on Water, by Madeleine L’Engle
- Book Write-Up: When the Son of Man Didn’t Come
- Book Write-Up: Hebrews, by Dr. Kathy Stewart
- Book Write-Up: A Man Attested by God, by J.R. Daniel Kirk
- Book Write-Up: Waves of Mercy, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: The Rise of the Prophet
Category Archives: Intelligent Quotes
On Rachel Held Evans’ site, there is an excellent post by Erin Thomas on Embracing Faith As an Aspie. The post is excellent, as were many of the comments. But my favorite comment was by lainiep: “As an aspie female … Continue reading
In an online discussion, Jay Gilbert made the following insightful comment about the Chick-Fil-A controversy and how government officials in Boston and Chicago are treating the business: “I fully support boycotting the restaurant (I have for years), but I think … Continue reading
I have two insightful quotes for today. 1. Ezra Klein, Is the Obama administration the best vehicle for conservative health care ideas? “The fact of the matter is that the key policy ideas that reigned over conservative health-care policy thinking … Continue reading
Here are some quotes for the day! 1. Rachel Held Evans is looking for feedback about topics that she should cover for her blog. I especially liked Katy-Anne’s comment (which I have slightly edited in my quotation of it): “I … Continue reading
Kathy Escobar has a good post, Ex-Good-Christian-Women, in which she talks about the burden Christian women carry of having to meet (presumably certain evangelical) expectations of what it means to be a good Christian woman. Kathy then asks if men … Continue reading
On his blog, The Dubious Disciple, Lee Harmon has a book review of Paul Copan’s book, Is God a Moral Monster? Lee was not particularly convinced by Copan’s attempt to smooth over some of the troubling passages of the Bible, … Continue reading