Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Here are some quotes for the day! 1. Rachel Held Evans is looking for feedback about topics that she should cover for her blog. I especially liked Katy-Anne’s comment (which I have slightly edited in my quotation of it): “I … Continue reading
I finished Michele Bachmann’s Core of Conviction: My Story. In the Appendix to this book, “Goals 2000 in the Context of a Global Power Grab”, Bachmann criticizes Goals 2000 and also provides the text for the National Education Goals that … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 83 and its interpreters. Psalm 83 is about ten nations conspiring to wipe out Israel. The Psalmist asks God to deal with these nations as God dealt with … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Core of Conviction: My Story, Michele Bachmann presents many of the usual conservative criticisms of Obamacare: that it cuts Medicare, that it increases demand and thus the price of health care, that it can lead … Continue reading
I finished Brad Young’s Jesus and His Jewish Parables: Rediscovering the Roots of Jesus’ Teaching. In this post, I’ll talk about Young’s comments on the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). Young states that his mentor, David Flusser, believed … Continue reading
The news is in about Obamacare! The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the individual mandate, while allowing the states to decide whether or not they will expand Medicaid. Here and here are good articles that I read on this. And … Continue reading