Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- Patterns of Evidence (the Exodus), Part 3: Ipuwer
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: June 3, 2012
Quote of the Day: Michael Craft on Good Christian Manhood
Kathy Escobar has a good post, Ex-Good-Christian-Women, in which she talks about the burden Christian women carry of having to meet (presumably certain evangelical) expectations of what it means to be a good Christian woman. Kathy then asks if men … Continue reading
Posted in Intelligent Quotes, Religion Tagged christian manhood, christianity, leadership, peacock feathers, Religion 4 Comments
The John Edwards Trial; Everything Must Go
Here are two thoughts: 1. People will probably disagree with me on this, but I was moved by how John Edwards daughter (Cate) and his parents stood by him throughout his trial, and how he said after the mistrial that … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Movies, Politics Tagged comedy, drama, entertainment, john edwards daughter, super-bowl 1 Comment
At church this morning, the pastor read to us from Eugene Petersen’s rendition of Romans 8 in The Message. You can read it here. The following passage especially stood out to me: “The law always ended up being used as … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged deep healing, new covenant, obedience to god, Religion, romans 8, theology 2 Comments
Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family 13
In my latest reading of It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good, Rick Santorum talked about education. I’ll use as my starting-point something that Santorum says on page 386 as he defends homeschooling against the charge that homeschooled … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Political Philosophy, Politics, School Comments Off on Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family 13