Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Category Archives: Life
Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly has passed on at the age of 92. In this post, I will share my interactions with her thought throughout the course of my life, as well as some links. When did I first hear of … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
During my prayer time last night, the subject of thanksgiving entered my mind because, well, it is Thanksgiving! Philippians 4:6 came to my mind: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your … Continue reading
I’ve been wanting to blog about Presidential candidate Ben Carson being a Seventh-Day Adventist. Now that it is in the news quite a bit, I figure that now is a good time to write this post. Here are some ramblings. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor’s Scriptural text was Mark 1:14-20, in which Peter, Andrew, James, and John left the fishing business to follow Jesus and fish for people. The pastor was saying that we all have to make this … Continue reading
Visiting Powell’s Book Store: Anne Rice’s Collection, Atheist and Christian Apologetics, and New Age Bible Versions
I went to Powell’s bookstore in Portland on Labor Day. I browsed inside the rare book room, the philosophy section, and the religion section. The religion section is so big that I didn’t even get to see everything! Here are … Continue reading
I recently read the Testament of Job. In my Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, the Testament of Job is dated from the first century B.C.E. to the first century C.E. I first heard of the Testament of Job when I was an undergraduate. … Continue reading
Kenneth R. Miller. Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America’s Soul. New York: Viking, 2008. See here to buy the book. Kenneth Miller teaches biology at Brown University, and he has been a prominent figure in debates about … Continue reading
Last Sunday at Sunday School, the pastor played for us an excerpt of a sermon by Richard Rohr. Rohr was essentially saying that, instead of trying to prove that we’re right in arguments, we should listen to the other side … Continue reading