Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- An Aspie Catholic
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: Life
Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly has passed on at the age of 92. In this post, I will share my interactions with her thought throughout the course of my life, as well as some links. When did I first hear of … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
During my prayer time last night, the subject of thanksgiving entered my mind because, well, it is Thanksgiving! Philippians 4:6 came to my mind: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your … Continue reading
I’ve been wanting to blog about Presidential candidate Ben Carson being a Seventh-Day Adventist. Now that it is in the news quite a bit, I figure that now is a good time to write this post. Here are some ramblings. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor’s Scriptural text was Mark 1:14-20, in which Peter, Andrew, James, and John left the fishing business to follow Jesus and fish for people. The pastor was saying that we all have to make this … Continue reading
Visiting Powell’s Book Store: Anne Rice’s Collection, Atheist and Christian Apologetics, and New Age Bible Versions
I went to Powell’s bookstore in Portland on Labor Day. I browsed inside the rare book room, the philosophy section, and the religion section. The religion section is so big that I didn’t even get to see everything! Here are … Continue reading
I recently read the Testament of Job. In my Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, the Testament of Job is dated from the first century B.C.E. to the first century C.E. I first heard of the Testament of Job when I was an undergraduate. … Continue reading
Kenneth R. Miller. Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America’s Soul. New York: Viking, 2008. See here to buy the book. Kenneth Miller teaches biology at Brown University, and he has been a prominent figure in debates about … Continue reading
Last Sunday at Sunday School, the pastor played for us an excerpt of a sermon by Richard Rohr. Rohr was essentially saying that, instead of trying to prove that we’re right in arguments, we should listen to the other side … Continue reading