Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Beginning Carson's Exegetical Fallacies
- Book Write-Up: Jesus Behaving Badly, by Mark L. Strauss
- Church Write-Up: Mark 9-10 and Becoming Like a Child
- Book Review: Basic Economics (1)
- Book Review: Basic Economics
- Book Write-Up: Trinity without Hierarchy
- Church Write-Up: God’s Persistent Love; Immediately After Death
- A Brief Review of “Safe People” by Cloud and Townsend
- Book Write-Up: The Transparent Cabal, by Stephen J. Sniegoski
- Book Write-Up: The Trinity and Martin Luther, by Christine Helmer
- Book Write-Up: The Supremacists, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: The Banquet Invitation
Category Archives: Church
My church resumed its Wednesday Bible study, after a three month hiatus. It will not meet next week, though, since the pastor will be at a funeral. The pastor talked about Mark 9-10. He was arguing that the pericopes in … Continue reading
Here are some items from church last Sunday: A. The theme of the service was God’s persistent love. The main text was Luke 15:1-10. The Pharisees are criticizing Jesus for receiving sinners and eating with them, so Jesus tells them … Continue reading
At church yesterday, the pastor preached about the story of the banquet invitation in Luke 14:12-23. A master of a house had a banquet and invited people to it, but they all gave him excuses not to come: one of … Continue reading
Here are some items from last Sunday’s church service: A. The pastor preached about Luke 14:7-11. Jesus exhorts his disciples to take the lower seats rather than the places of honor. If they take a place of honor, they may … Continue reading
Here are some items from last Sunday’s church service: A. The youth pastor talked about heaven. What is heaven like? Two people were saying that heaven had rivers of chocolate milk. The youth pastor responded that there must be more … Continue reading
Here are some items from the church service that I attended last Sunday: A. The service itself interacted with John 20:23: “Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.” … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, we continued our series on the Apostle’s Creed. The theme was “I believe in the Holy Spirit.” The youth pastor talked about how the Holy Spirit empowers and strengthens people for Christian service. You know the … Continue reading