Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- The Christmas Wish
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Carr-trauma, atonement, and the Jesus Jews
- Book Write-Up: The Miracle Worker and the Misfits
- Fictional Characters Who Appear Even in Historical Literature
- Carr- the crystalization of the Bible
- Why are rural areas right wing and urban areas left wing?
- Book Write-Up: Dynamics of Muslim Worlds
- Carr-Ezra, puritanism, and resilience
- The History and Context of the Second Amendment
- Church Write-Up: Home
- A Quick Report on Robert Jenson’s Bultmannesque Demythologized Account of the Resurrection — The Evangelical Calvinist
Category Archives: Church
I went to the “Word of Faith” church and the Missouri Synod Lutheran church. Here are some notes: A. Eschatological hope was a theme in both services. The pastor at the “Word of Faith” church was talking about how this … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I went to the church I call the “Word of Faith” church, and also the Missouri-Synod Lutheran church. The pastor at the “Word of Faith” church was continuing his series on the Elijah-Elisha stories. He focused … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I attended the church that I call the “Word of Faith” church, as well as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran church. A common subject in both services was God’s grace, as in God’s unmerited favor towards people. The … Continue reading
I did not go to church last Sunday morning, since there were forecasts of heavy rain. Instead, I watched Charles Stanley’s “In Touch” program, and Bobby Schuller’s “Hour of Power.” That afternoon, I went to a seminar on conflict resolution, … Continue reading
Last Sunday, at one of the church services that I attended, the pastor was attempting to explain I John 5:16, which states (in the KJV): “If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he … Continue reading
The pastor at one of the churches that I attended last Sunday was talking about finding one’s calling. He said that we should be who God made us today rather than trying to be somebody else. The pastor appealed to … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I attended the evangelical church that I call the “Pen Church” (since I get a free pen there), and the African-American Baptist church. In this post, I will talk about something that happened to me at … Continue reading