Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- About Me
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
- Book Review: The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
- Review: The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education
- Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation
- Lee-Barnewall–egalitarian usefulness
- Trump, Big Government, the Export-Import Bank, and the Washington Swamp
- Book Write-Up: All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin
- Lee-Barnewall–historical reflections on gender and evangelicalism
- Was the Gospel of Mark an Apocalyptic Text?
- Book Write-Up: The Making of American Liberal Theology (1805-1900)
Category Archives: Church
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about loneliness. The pastor’s text was II Timothy 4:9-17. The text, in the KJV, states: 9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: 10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, it was raining outside, plus there were forecasts of an ice-storm. I stayed home and watched John MacArthur’s service, then I watched the service of the church that I usually attend. I hope I don’t get … Continue reading
I visited another church last Sunday. I got up early, and I figured that I might as well attend the church’s early service, since I had a lot to do that day and I wanted to free up more time … Continue reading
I went to church last Sunday. The church had been closed for two weeks due to inclement weather. The man who was leading worship last Sunday was telling us that he found the time off to be edifying. He is … Continue reading
Due to inclement weather, the church that I normally attend cancelled services last Sunday. As I did the previous Sunday, when it cancelled services, I watched the live-stream of John MacArthur, Jr.’s Grace Community Church. MacArthur is doing a series … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, a couple gave their testimony. The husband introduced his wife, who would read their testimony. The husband said that, in the decades before he became born again, he was a sinner whose sins put Christ on … Continue reading