Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- Stephen King's Method in IT
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Book Write-Up: Unimaginable, by Jeremiah J. Johnston
- Church Write-Up: Is Christianity Necessary?
- The Power of the Word
- Book Write-Up: Vindicating the Vixens
- Movie Write-Up (Loosely-Speaking): The Last Jedi
- Church Write-Up: Rationalizing; How Foreign?; a Different Justice; Jacob; God Fighting Battles; Planned Job
- Book Write-Up: Reformation Commentary on Scripture (Hebrews, James)
- Book Review: John Barclay, Pauline Churches and Diaspora Jews
- Church Write-Up: New Years Eve 2017
- Lecture Series Write-Up: The Psychology of Atheism, by R.C. Sproul
Category Archives: Church
For church last Sunday, I attended the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, its Sunday school class on patristic interpretation of the Gospel of John, and the “Pen church.” A lot of points were brought up. One point with which I struggle … Continue reading
Church Write-Up: Rationalizing; How Foreign?; a Different Justice; Jacob; God Fighting Battles; Planned Job
For church last Sunday, I attended the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, its Sunday school class on patristic interpretation of the Gospel of John, and the “Pen church.” Here are some items: A. The pastor at the Missouri Synod Lutheran church … Continue reading
I am feeling under the weather today, so my Church Write-Up will be brief. I went to an evangelical church that I will now call the “Mall church,” since it is located at a mall. I also went to what … Continue reading
I went to the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church on Christmas Day. The pastor shared that he was in the process of editing his father-in-law’s old sermons, and he came across a story in one of them. In this story, the … Continue reading
For church on Christmas Eve morning, I went to the 9 A.M. service at what I call the “Word of Faith” church. The Missouri Synod Lutheran church was having a 10 A.M. service, rather than its usual 8:30 A.M. traditional … Continue reading
I went to the Wednesday Advent service at the Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The pastor opened his sermon by talking about the charity work that the church is doing this Christmas season, in an attempt to make other people’s lives … Continue reading