Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- About Me
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
- Book Review: The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
- Review: The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education
- Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation
- Lee-Barnewall–egalitarian usefulness
- Trump, Big Government, the Export-Import Bank, and the Washington Swamp
- Book Write-Up: All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin
- Lee-Barnewall–historical reflections on gender and evangelicalism
- Was the Gospel of Mark an Apocalyptic Text?
- Book Write-Up: The Making of American Liberal Theology (1805-1900)
Author Archives: jamesbradfordpate
Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
Time for my weekly Current-Events Write-Up, in which I link to news and opinion pieces and comment on them. The Middle East Townhall: ‘Middle East Conflict’ Describes More Than Just Israeli-Palestinian Dispute, by Jonah Goldberg. This part interested me: “Republican … Continue reading
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War, by Thomas J. DiLorenzo Thomas DiLorenzo wouldn’t recognize the real Lincoln if he showed up in a top hat…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education, Christopher Gehrz, ed. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 2015. Summary: The contributors to this volume consider the “usable past” in Pietist thought and practice that might serve in the…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation, a two-volume work edited by Stanley Porter & Sean Adams, is a useful multi-author resource on major figures and developments in the history of biblical studies. …
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I am continuing to write about Michelle Lee- Barnewall’s Neither Complementarian nor Egalitarian. She talks about the women’s suffrage movement as one of the social reform movements that grew out of 19th century activism. However, she does…
Originally posted on International Liberty:
I’ve written many times that Washington is both a corrupt city and a corrupting city. My point is that decent people go into government and all too often wind up losing their ethical values as…
Lynn Austin. All She Ever Wanted. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2005. See here to buy the book. Why this book didn’t win a Christy Award, I have no idea! It is my favorite Lynn Austin book that I have read … Continue reading