Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Stephen King's Method in IT
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: Unimaginable, by Jeremiah J. Johnston
- Church Write-Up: Is Christianity Necessary?
- The Power of the Word
- Book Write-Up: Vindicating the Vixens
- Movie Write-Up (Loosely-Speaking): The Last Jedi
- Church Write-Up: Rationalizing; How Foreign?; a Different Justice; Jacob; God Fighting Battles; Planned Job
- Book Write-Up: Reformation Commentary on Scripture (Hebrews, James)
- Book Review: John Barclay, Pauline Churches and Diaspora Jews
- Church Write-Up: New Years Eve 2017
- Lecture Series Write-Up: The Psychology of Atheism, by R.C. Sproul
Author Archives: jamesbradfordpate
Jeremiah J. Johnston. Unimaginable: What Our World Would Be Like Without Christianity. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Jeremiah J. Johnston is a New Testament scholar and a Christian apologist. In Unimaginable, Johnston essentially argues that Christianity … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I attended the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, its Sunday school class on patristic interpretation of the Gospel of John, and the “Pen church.” A lot of points were brought up. One point with which I struggle … Continue reading
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
I detest Steve Bannon. He stands for everything I deeply dislike. But the author of Fire and Fury depicts Bannon in such a way that I have started harboring warm and fuzzy feelings towards…
Sandra Glahn, ed. Vindicating the Vixens: Revisiting Sexualized, Vilified, and Marginalized Women of the Bible. Kregel Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about women in the Bible who have been marginalized … Continue reading
I saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi yesterday. To be honest, I do not have much to say about it. If there was a point that stood out to me, it would be, to draw from the Gospel of John, … Continue reading
Church Write-Up: Rationalizing; How Foreign?; a Different Justice; Jacob; God Fighting Battles; Planned Job
For church last Sunday, I attended the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, its Sunday school class on patristic interpretation of the Gospel of John, and the “Pen church.” Here are some items: A. The pastor at the Missouri Synod Lutheran church … Continue reading
Ronald K. Rittgers, ed. Reformation Commentary on Scripture: Hebrews, James. IVP Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. The Reformation Commentary on Scripture: Hebrews, James presents the thoughts of Western Christian thinkers during the fifteenth-seventeenth centuries on the epistles … Continue reading