Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Shepherd of Hermas on Divorce
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Oniads Vs. Hasmoneans
- "Last Words"
- Review: Wait With Me — Bob on Books
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly’s Favorite Speeches
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Wait With Me, Jason Gaboury. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press/Formatio, 2020. Summary: Proposes that the experience of loneliness is an invitation to grow in our friendship with God. “To be human is to be lonely.” These words, spoken by Friar Ugo, … Continue reading
Phyllis Schlafly. Phyllis Schlafly Speaks, Volume 1: Her Favorite Speeches. Ed. Ed Martin. Skellig America, 2016. This book is a compilation of Phyllis Schlafly’s favorite speeches that she gave. She selected them for this book shortly before her death. A. … Continue reading
Here are some booknotes: A. William Haller. The Rise of Puritanism. Harper, 1957. Haller talks about the Puritans in seventeenth century England. Some of what Haller said was unsurprising. TULIP, for one. The Puritans believed in predestination and earnestly sought … Continue reading
Mindszenty the Man by Joseph Vecsey as Told to Phyllis Schlafly. Cardinal Mindszenty Foundation, 1972. Phyllis Schlafly, Ed Martin, and Brett M. Decker. The Conservative Case for Trump. Regnery, 2016. A. Mindszenty the Man was written in 1972. During the … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
The American Conservative: “Why Conservative Fusionism Was Destined to Disintegrate,” by Tony Woodlief. This takes off from Tucker Carlson’s controversial comment that people are not born evil. Conservative Christians will disagree! Yet, Tucker is a renowned conservative. This part is … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor was saying that God does not find us attractive. Rather, God loves us because he loves us, not because we are inherently lovable. The pastor acknowledged that this may be hard to hear. But … Continue reading
Note: I was planning to publish this post later, when I do a series on Pat Buchanan’s books. But this post is particularly relevant to issues right now, so here it is. Patrick J. Buchanan. The Death of the West: … Continue reading
G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd. The Story Retold: A Biblical-Theological Introduction to the New Testament. IVP Academic, 2020. Go here to purchase the book. The Story Retold is an introductory textbook about the New Testament. Its authors, G.K. Beale … Continue reading
A. Jonah Goldberg. Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, from Mussolini to the Politics of Change. Crown Forum, 2009. Conservative writer and pundit Jonah Goldberg argues that fascism and National Socialism have parallels with the American left, … Continue reading
Phyllis Schlafly and Chester Ward. The Betrayers. Pere Marquette, 1968. Phyllis Schlafly. Who Killed the American Family? WND, 2016. Some items: A. The Betrayers was written in 1968 and endorsed Richard Nixon for President. The best part of the book … Continue reading