Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- The Original Sign of Immanuel (Isaiah 7:1-14)
- “Without love my confession of the name of Christ even by shedding my blood or offering my body to be burnt will avail me nothing”
- A Personal Reflection on RC Sproul’s Impact — The Evangelical Calvinist
- Matthew 1:18-23 – The Sign of Immanuel
- Book Write-Up: MUSLIM, by Hank Hanegraaff
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
Category Archives: Psychology
Rhett Smith. The Anxious Christian: Can God Use Your Anxiety for Good? Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2011. See here to buy the book. Rhett Smith is a graduate of Fuller Theological Seminary (M.Div., MSMFT) and a licensed marriage and family therapist. … Continue reading
Jeremy Pierre. The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life: Connecting Christ to Human Experience. Greensboro, NC: New Growth Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Jeremy Pierre teaches biblical counseling at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he is also the … Continue reading
Gillian Marchenko. Still Life: A Memoir of Living Fully with Depression. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2016. See here to buy the book. In Still Life, Gillian Marchenko shares her journey with depression. Gillian is the wife of a pastor, and … Continue reading
Dr. John F. Shackelford. Knowing Yourself Knowing God: From an Ego-Run-Life to a God-Run-Life. 2015. See here to buy the book. John F. Shackelford is a licensed psychologist. He has a degree from the Rosemead School of Psychology at Biola … Continue reading
In my post about Jurgen Moltmann’s The Crucified God, I did not talk about Moltmann’s discussion of psychology in that particular book. I just felt like ending the post where I did! In this post, however, I will talk about … Continue reading
My latest reading of Fawn Brodie’s Richard Nixon: The Shaping of His Character was a summary of Brodie’s psychological analysis of Richard Nixon. Brodie essentially argues that Nixon was unloved as a child, and she states that Nixon’s father was … Continue reading
How do people move forward from a trauma, or from guilt? In my latest reading of Richard Nixon: The Shaping of His Character, Fawn Brodie talks about Adlai Stevenson, the Democratic candidate for President in 1952 and 1956. Stevenson accidentally … Continue reading