Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Conservative Anti-Bush Bibliography
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: government
I just watched the Vice-Presidential debate. Here are some of my reactions. 1. Joe Biden did well especially in the beginning and the middle of the debate, when he was passionate. Some may think that Biden projected an attitude of … Continue reading
I just watched the first night of the Republican National Convention. Here are some of my reactions. 1. I can only speak for myself personally, but I thought that the Convention made quite an impression when it comes to policy. … Continue reading
Time Magazine correspondent Michael Grunwald has a new book out about President Barack Obama’s stimulus, The New New Deal: The Hidden Story of Change in the Obama Era. Click here to read Slate’s excellent interview with Grunwald. In this interview, … Continue reading
On this blog, a point that I have made more than once is that Obamacare is moving Medicare away from a fee-for-service model—-a model in which Medicare reimburses doctors for every service that they provide to their patients, thereby incentivizing … Continue reading
As many of you may know by now, Mitt Romney has chosen Representative Paul Ryan to be his running mate. Ryan is a conservative whose controversial budget proposal (particularly that on Medicare) has won him praise from many on the … Continue reading
I have two insightful quotes for today. 1. Ezra Klein, Is the Obama administration the best vehicle for conservative health care ideas? “The fact of the matter is that the key policy ideas that reigned over conservative health-care policy thinking … Continue reading
The news is in about Obamacare! The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the individual mandate, while allowing the states to decide whether or not they will expand Medicaid. Here and here are good articles that I read on this. And … Continue reading
Reuters recently had a story entitled Government to shut down Texas women’s health program. The opening paragraph states: “The Obama Administration on Thursday said it would begin shutting down a program that provides health care for more than 100,000 low-income … Continue reading