Top Posts & Pages
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Uninspired Canonical Books?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- The Remarkable Life and Conversion of KFC Founder Colonel Sanders
- To Contact Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Church Write-Up: “…in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord…”
- Burning the mission field — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Old Testament Ethics, by John Goldingay
- Grace, Then Justice
- Post-Progressive Christianity: Part 11, Hope — Experimental Theology
- Church Write-Up: “…in God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth…”
- Kamala Harris might be surging – but her record will soon catch up with her
- Book Write-Up: All Things New, by Brian J. Tabb
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe”
- Book Write-Up: The Canon of Scripture, by F.F. Bruce
Category Archives: Social Skills
Current Events Write-Up: Feud, Tim Keller, Benedict Option, Deficit Hawks, Introverts, Billy Graham Rule
Time for a Current Events Write-Up! I missed last week because I was writing book reviews. Romper: Is Pauline from “Feud” Based on a Real Person? The Ambitious Assistant Is a Fan Favorite, by Caralynn Lippo. I have been watching … Continue reading →
Kari Kampakis. Liked: Whose Approval Are You Living For? Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2016. See here to buy the book. In Liked: Whose Approval Are You Living For?, Kari Kampakis offers teenage girls advice in this social media age. Among the … Continue reading →
Jayson Georges and Mark D. Baker. Ministering in Honor-Shame Cultures: Biblical Foundations and Practical Essentials. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Jayson Georges and Mark Baker both have extensive experience in missions and exposure to … Continue reading →
It was supposed to rain five inches last Sunday, so I did not physically go to church that morning. Rather, I stayed home and watched the service on the Internet. It wasn’t the same, but it was something! The senior … Continue reading →
Timothy Keller. The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness: The Path to True Christian Joy. United Kingdom: 10Publishing, 2012. See here to buy the booklet. I decided to read this after reading L.L. Martin’s Positively Powerless. Martin in her book was talking about … Continue reading →
Dr. Lina W. Liken with Cali Blalock. The 5 Secrets to Social Success with Biblical Principles. Bloomington: Westbow Press, 2014. See here to buy the book. As a person with Asperger’s Syndrome, I can use guidance on how to interact … Continue reading →
Fawn Weaver. The Argument-Free Marriage: 28 Days to Creating the Marriage You’ve Always Wanted with the Spouse You Already Have. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Fawn Weaver and her husband, Keith, have an argument-free marriage. … Continue reading →