Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Veterans' Day
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Category Archives: Psalms
Glenda Mathes. Discovering Delight: 31 Meditations on Loving God’s Law. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2014. In Discovering Delight, Glenda Mathes offers spiritual insights, using as her starting point verses from the Book of Psalms, particularly Psalm 119. Occasionally, Mathes … Continue reading
J.V. Fesko. Songs of a Suffering King: The Grand Christ Hymn of Psalms 1-8. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2014. J.V. Fesko is a minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, and he is the academic dean at Westminster Seminary California, … Continue reading
Andrew J. Schmutzer and David M. Howard, Jr., ed. The Psalms: Language for All Seasons of the Soul. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2013. I would like to thank Moody Publishers for sending me a review copy of this book. See here … Continue reading
Well, this is my last post about the Book of Psalms for my weekly quiet time! My first post of this series was published (on my blog, of course) on December 4, 2010. That means that I have been doing … Continue reading
In this blog post about Psalm 149, I will post the entire Psalm in the King James Version (which is in the public domain), then I will comment on select verses. 1 Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD … Continue reading
In Psalm 148, the Psalmist exhorts the angels and various sorts of creatures and phenomena of nature to praise the LORD. Leslie Allen states that nature is summoned to praise the LORD because “God’s people need helpers, as it were, … Continue reading