Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: June 22, 2012
Ascetic Mindsets and Marriage: Stoicism and Augustine
For my write-up today on The Cambridge History of Christianity: Constantine to c. 600, I’ll interact loosely with a question that I have: How did ascetic movements, such as Stoicism and Christianity, approach the issue of marriage? After all, they … Continue reading
Posted in Greco-Roman, IV Maccabees, Philosophy, Religion, School Comments Off on Ascetic Mindsets and Marriage: Stoicism and Augustine
Ron Paul’s Liberty Defined 10: The Radical Becoming Reality
Ron Paul presented an interesting scenario on pages 270-271 of Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom. He says that there will come a time when the states will ignore the mandates of the federal government, which will … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Health Care, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Ron Paul’s Liberty Defined 10: The Radical Becoming Reality