Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Influence and Intertextuality
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- God's Not Dead 2: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Brace Yourself...
- John 20:17: Mary Magdalene and Jesus' Ascension
- Book Write-Up: New Testament Introduction, by Donald Guthrie
- About Me
- Brace Yourself…
- Who are the 24 Elders in Revelation 4?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- History and general revelation
- Book Write-Up: Forgiving My Daughter’s Killer
- Review: 16 Strivings for God
- Adams-how new is the new creation?
- Book Write-Up: The Atonement, by Beverly Lewis
- “Cannons”, Grace, and Grief
- Behold Your Gods, O Israel — The Golden Calves of Aaron and Jeroboam
Tag Archives: Religion
I want to share three links about Star Wars and Christianity. All three are by Christians. Two of the links are rather pro-Star Wars and believe that it has themes that overlap with Christianity. The third link, not so much! … Continue reading
Mark L. Strauss. Jesus Behaving Badly: The Puzzling Paradoxes of the Man from Galilee. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Many Christians struggle with what is in the Old Testament, with its laws, wars, and … Continue reading
Kenneth Berding and Matt Williams, ed. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Their Writings. Second edition. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About … Continue reading
Patrick W. Carr. The Shock of Night. Bloomington, Minnesota: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Shock of Night is a Christian fantasy book. It is technically the first book of The Darkwater Saga, but Patrick … Continue reading
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading
Randy Petersen. The Printer and the Preacher: Ben Franklin, George Whitefield, and the Surprising Friendship That Invented America. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Benjamin Franklin was a deist who doubted Jesus’ divinity and blood atonement. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Mark 1:9-15. Allow me to post this passage in the King James Version (which is in the public domain): 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from … Continue reading