Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Am Ha-Aretz, Sinners, and the Prodigal Son
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
- Book Review: The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
- Review: The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education
- Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation
- Lee-Barnewall–egalitarian usefulness
- Trump, Big Government, the Export-Import Bank, and the Washington Swamp
- Book Write-Up: All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin
- Lee-Barnewall–historical reflections on gender and evangelicalism
- Was the Gospel of Mark an Apocalyptic Text?
- Book Write-Up: The Making of American Liberal Theology (1805-1900)
Tag Archives: Religion
I want to share three links about Star Wars and Christianity. All three are by Christians. Two of the links are rather pro-Star Wars and believe that it has themes that overlap with Christianity. The third link, not so much! … Continue reading
Mark L. Strauss. Jesus Behaving Badly: The Puzzling Paradoxes of the Man from Galilee. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Many Christians struggle with what is in the Old Testament, with its laws, wars, and … Continue reading
Kenneth Berding and Matt Williams, ed. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Their Writings. Second edition. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About … Continue reading
Patrick W. Carr. The Shock of Night. Bloomington, Minnesota: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Shock of Night is a Christian fantasy book. It is technically the first book of The Darkwater Saga, but Patrick … Continue reading
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading
Randy Petersen. The Printer and the Preacher: Ben Franklin, George Whitefield, and the Surprising Friendship That Invented America. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Benjamin Franklin was a deist who doubted Jesus’ divinity and blood atonement. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Mark 1:9-15. Allow me to post this passage in the King James Version (which is in the public domain): 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from … Continue reading