Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Tag Archives: Religion
I want to share three links about Star Wars and Christianity. All three are by Christians. Two of the links are rather pro-Star Wars and believe that it has themes that overlap with Christianity. The third link, not so much! … Continue reading
Mark L. Strauss. Jesus Behaving Badly: The Puzzling Paradoxes of the Man from Galilee. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Many Christians struggle with what is in the Old Testament, with its laws, wars, and … Continue reading
Kenneth Berding and Matt Williams, ed. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Their Writings. Second edition. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About … Continue reading
Patrick W. Carr. The Shock of Night. Bloomington, Minnesota: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Shock of Night is a Christian fantasy book. It is technically the first book of The Darkwater Saga, but Patrick … Continue reading
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading
Randy Petersen. The Printer and the Preacher: Ben Franklin, George Whitefield, and the Surprising Friendship That Invented America. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Benjamin Franklin was a deist who doubted Jesus’ divinity and blood atonement. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Mark 1:9-15. Allow me to post this passage in the King James Version (which is in the public domain): 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from … Continue reading