Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Christmas Wish
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
- (Some) Best Academic Books of 2017
- Book Write-Up: Moving from Broken to Beautiful Through Grief
- Friedman-did God evolve?
- Church Write-Up: Snakes with Legs; Luke’s Census; Shepherds; Dominion; Healing Atonement; Advent; “Let Me Out”; the Way to Repentance
- Guest Blog by Michael Kok: The Tradition about the Apostle and Evangelist John
Tag Archives: Religion
I want to share three links about Star Wars and Christianity. All three are by Christians. Two of the links are rather pro-Star Wars and believe that it has themes that overlap with Christianity. The third link, not so much! … Continue reading
Mark L. Strauss. Jesus Behaving Badly: The Puzzling Paradoxes of the Man from Galilee. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Many Christians struggle with what is in the Old Testament, with its laws, wars, and … Continue reading
Kenneth Berding and Matt Williams, ed. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Their Writings. Second edition. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About … Continue reading
Patrick W. Carr. The Shock of Night. Bloomington, Minnesota: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Shock of Night is a Christian fantasy book. It is technically the first book of The Darkwater Saga, but Patrick … Continue reading
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading
Randy Petersen. The Printer and the Preacher: Ben Franklin, George Whitefield, and the Surprising Friendship That Invented America. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Benjamin Franklin was a deist who doubted Jesus’ divinity and blood atonement. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Mark 1:9-15. Allow me to post this passage in the King James Version (which is in the public domain): 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from … Continue reading