Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Manichaeanism vs. "Fallen Goodness"
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Book Write-Up: The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Current Events Write-Up: Oil Wars; Pro-WHO and Anti-Taiwan Articles; Unfair Criticisms of Conservative Christians; Wisconsin Voter Suppression...by Democrats!
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23:6 and Psalm 40
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Current Events Write-Up: Deficit Non-Disaster; Unafraid Phyllis; Norma McCorvey; Trump’s New Press Secretary
- Book Write-Up: The Facts about Communism and Our Churches, by Billy James Hargis
- Current Events Write-Up: Solutions, Public Transit, Ahmaud Arbery, Safe Haven, Foreign Aid, Mrs. America
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 41 and 23:5a
- “Ask China” — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies’ Story, by Martin Dies
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 51; Rod and Staff
Category Archives: john birch society
The Trump and Hillary ads that I saw last night were the best political ads that I had seen in the 2016 general election. I got goosebumps after watching both of them! They were very well done. In this post, … Continue reading
Michael Kazin. War Against War: The American Fight for Peace, 1914-1918. Simon and Schuster, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Kazin teaches history at Georgetown University and co-edits the publication Dissent. War Against War: The American Fight for … Continue reading
Claire Conner. Wrapped in the Flag: A Personal History of America’s Radical Right. Boston: Beacon Press, 2013. See here to buy the book. See also here, which has a later edition of the book. One of the Amazon reviews there … Continue reading
Ronald Reagan used to say that he did not leave the Democratic Party, but the Democratic Party left him. Many people who change political parties say something similar. “Oh, I miss the days when the Republican Party was much more … Continue reading
Brian Doherty. Radicals for Capitalism: A Freewheeling History of the Modern American Libertarian Movement. New York: PublicAffairs, 2007. I saw this book several years ago in a public library. At least I think it was this book—-I know that I … Continue reading
On page 266 of Nixon: A Life, Jonathan Aitken relays a story that Elliott Richardson told him about Vice-President Richard Nixon. Richardson at the time was acting Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare (HEW). Richardson under President Nixon would serve … Continue reading
On page 442 of Pat Nixon: The Untold Story, Julie Nixon Eisenhower talks about the books that her mother, Pat Nixon, liked to read after Richard Nixon’s departure from the Presidency: “Her favorite books were the historical novels by the … Continue reading