Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Category Archives: john birch society
The Trump and Hillary ads that I saw last night were the best political ads that I had seen in the 2016 general election. I got goosebumps after watching both of them! They were very well done. In this post, … Continue reading
Michael Kazin. War Against War: The American Fight for Peace, 1914-1918. Simon and Schuster, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Kazin teaches history at Georgetown University and co-edits the publication Dissent. War Against War: The American Fight for … Continue reading
Claire Conner. Wrapped in the Flag: A Personal History of America’s Radical Right. Boston: Beacon Press, 2013. See here to buy the book. See also here, which has a later edition of the book. One of the Amazon reviews there … Continue reading
Ronald Reagan used to say that he did not leave the Democratic Party, but the Democratic Party left him. Many people who change political parties say something similar. “Oh, I miss the days when the Republican Party was much more … Continue reading
Brian Doherty. Radicals for Capitalism: A Freewheeling History of the Modern American Libertarian Movement. New York: PublicAffairs, 2007. I saw this book several years ago in a public library. At least I think it was this book—-I know that I … Continue reading
On page 266 of Nixon: A Life, Jonathan Aitken relays a story that Elliott Richardson told him about Vice-President Richard Nixon. Richardson at the time was acting Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare (HEW). Richardson under President Nixon would serve … Continue reading
On page 442 of Pat Nixon: The Untold Story, Julie Nixon Eisenhower talks about the books that her mother, Pat Nixon, liked to read after Richard Nixon’s departure from the Presidency: “Her favorite books were the historical novels by the … Continue reading
I have two items to share for my post today about Julie Nixon Eisenhower’s Pat Nixon: The Untold Story. 1. One thought that occurred to me while reading Julie’s book was “What exactly will it take to please some people?” … Continue reading
I started Joan Hoff’s Nixon Reconsidered. I first heard of this book when I was in high school. I believe it was in 1994, when the book came out. I had a subscription to the rather conservative Insight magazine (which … Continue reading