Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Category Archives: Current Events
I have been doing a Friday Current Events Write-Up over the last six months or so, in which I have linked to news and opinion pieces that I found interesting on a given week. I will be dropping that for … Continue reading
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up. Former President George H.W. Bush Dead at 94. I have had ambivalent feelings about this President throughout my life. When I was a conservative, I thought he wasn’t conservative enough, yet I rooted … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: May’s Un-Brexit Brexit Deal; Radical Environmentalists and Wildfires; Bay Buchanan on Israel
Here are some links for this week’s Current Events Write-Up. The Federalist: “Theresa May’s Deal Is A Betrayal Of Brexit Voters That Could Cost Her Prime Ministership,” by Helen Raleigh. I have read more than one critique of Theresa May’s … Continue reading
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up. California Wildfires Some articles at the Federalist defended the President’s claim that mismanagement has contributed to the forest fires. James Taylor argues that climate change is not the problem because forest fires in … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Elections, the Caravan, Health Care, Odd Political Bedfellows, Whitewashing the Vietnam War
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up. Some of these items will be reruns, since I posted or reblogged them earlier this week. Elections The Federalist: “What’s Behind Educated, Suburban Women Flipping to Democrats,” by Denise C. McAllister. McAllister’s answer … Continue reading
The Nation: Why the Refugee Caravan Is So Big—and What We Need to Do About It
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up. The Economy The Federalist: “When Attacking the Federal Reserve, Trump Actually Attacks Anyone with Savings,” by Christopher Jacobs. Conventional Ron-Paulite wisdom is that an easy money supply leads to inflation. Christopher Jacobs provides … Continue reading