Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Shepherd of Hermas on Divorce
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Oniads Vs. Hasmoneans
- "Last Words"
- Review: Wait With Me — Bob on Books
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly’s Favorite Speeches
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
Tag Archives: theology
Mark Alan Bowald. Rendering the Word in Theological Hermeneutics: Mapping Divine and Human Agency. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015. See here to purchase the book. The summary on the back cover of the book was a lot clearer than the … Continue reading
John M. Frame. A History of Western Philosophy and Theology. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In A History of Western Philosophy and Theology, John Frame summarizes and critiques Western theological and philosophical views from … Continue reading
Archie J. Spencer. The Analogy of Faith: The Quest for God’s Speakability. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In The Analogy of Faith, theologian Archie J. Spencer discusses the question of whether humans can “speak … Continue reading
John C. Peckham. The Love of God: A Canonical Model. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John C. Peckham teaches theology and Christian philosophy at Andrews University, which is a Seventh-Day Adventist university. His book, … Continue reading
My church had some interesting discussions last night at our Bible study. We’re still going through our study on the Gospel of Luke. I’ll use as my starting-point a question on page 35 of the curriculum that we are using, … Continue reading
At Bible study last night, one verse that got quoted was Luke 10:21: “In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the … Continue reading
My church started a new Bible study last night. We’re going through Luke: Gospel of Reassurance, with Michael Card. The main theme last night was who Luke was and how that influenced his writing of his Gospel. Luke was a … Continue reading
On page 287 of Verus Israel (translated into the English by H. McKeating), Marcel Simon talks about how ancient Christians distinguished Jewish baptism from Christian baptism: “Sometime when they use the word baptism they are thinking of the regular ablutions, … Continue reading
I’ve said a couple of times that I would do a write-up about the Christian apologetic works of Gilbert West and George Littleton (see my posts here and here). Gilbert West was an eighteenth century thinker who attempted to disprove … Continue reading