October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- A Wind in the Door
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: School
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I have heard a particular Bible question three times in my life. The question concerns the story of Joseph in the Book of Genesis. You may know the story. Jacob loved his son Joseph more than his other sons. Jacob’s … Continue reading
Michael Kibbe. From Topic to Thesis: A Guide to Theological Research. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. From Topic to Thesis is about how to write a research paper about theology or biblical studies. What … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
Douglas Groothuis. Philosophy in Seven Sentences: A Small Introduction to a Vast Topic. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. In Philosophy in Seven Sentences, Christian philosopher Douglas Groothuis discusses the thought of seven Western … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, Ragamuffin, a couple of nights ago. Ragamuffin tells the story of award-winning Christian Contemporary musician Rich Mullins. It goes from his childhood, through his success and the time that he spent on a Native American … Continue reading
During my prayer time last night, the subject of thanksgiving entered my mind because, well, it is Thanksgiving! Philippians 4:6 came to my mind: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your … Continue reading
I recently read the Testament of Job. In my Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, the Testament of Job is dated from the first century B.C.E. to the first century C.E. I first heard of the Testament of Job when I was an undergraduate. … Continue reading
Kenneth R. Miller. Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America’s Soul. New York: Viking, 2008. See here to buy the book. Kenneth Miller teaches biology at Brown University, and he has been a prominent figure in debates about … Continue reading
My church finished its Sunday School class on the United Methodist Church’s Social Principles a few Sundays ago. Here are three items: The pastor was commenting on welfare. She was responding to people who say that the American welfare system … Continue reading