Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Shepherd of Hermas on Divorce
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Oniads Vs. Hasmoneans
- "Last Words"
- Review: Wait With Me — Bob on Books
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly’s Favorite Speeches
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
Category Archives: School
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I have heard a particular Bible question three times in my life. The question concerns the story of Joseph in the Book of Genesis. You may know the story. Jacob loved his son Joseph more than his other sons. Jacob’s … Continue reading
Michael Kibbe. From Topic to Thesis: A Guide to Theological Research. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. From Topic to Thesis is about how to write a research paper about theology or biblical studies. What … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
Douglas Groothuis. Philosophy in Seven Sentences: A Small Introduction to a Vast Topic. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. In Philosophy in Seven Sentences, Christian philosopher Douglas Groothuis discusses the thought of seven Western … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, Ragamuffin, a couple of nights ago. Ragamuffin tells the story of award-winning Christian Contemporary musician Rich Mullins. It goes from his childhood, through his success and the time that he spent on a Native American … Continue reading
During my prayer time last night, the subject of thanksgiving entered my mind because, well, it is Thanksgiving! Philippians 4:6 came to my mind: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your … Continue reading
I recently read the Testament of Job. In my Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, the Testament of Job is dated from the first century B.C.E. to the first century C.E. I first heard of the Testament of Job when I was an undergraduate. … Continue reading
Kenneth R. Miller. Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America’s Soul. New York: Viking, 2008. See here to buy the book. Kenneth Miller teaches biology at Brown University, and he has been a prominent figure in debates about … Continue reading
My church finished its Sunday School class on the United Methodist Church’s Social Principles a few Sundays ago. Here are three items: The pastor was commenting on welfare. She was responding to people who say that the American welfare system … Continue reading