Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: John MacArthur
For church last Sunday, I watched John MacArthur’s service, then I watched the service of the church that I normally attend. In this post, I would like to mention something that MacArthur said. MacArthur said that there is a paradox … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, it was raining outside, plus there were forecasts of an ice-storm. I stayed home and watched John MacArthur’s service, then I watched the service of the church that I usually attend. I hope I don’t get … Continue reading
Due to inclement weather, the church that I normally attend cancelled services last Sunday. As I did the previous Sunday, when it cancelled services, I watched the live-stream of John MacArthur, Jr.’s Grace Community Church. MacArthur is doing a series … Continue reading
Last Sunday, the church that I usually attend cancelled its services, since there was an ice-storm. I live on the West Coast, so I was trying to find an online service that matched my time-zone. I decided to watch Grace … Continue reading
During my prayer time last night, the subject of thanksgiving entered my mind because, well, it is Thanksgiving! Philippians 4:6 came to my mind: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was contrasting a Methodist version of a Charles Wesley hymn with a Lutheran version. The hymn is “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling.” The reason that the pastor was commenting on this is that she … Continue reading
I’m reading a biography of Thomas Merton, a Trappist monk and a prolific author. The book is Michael Mott’s The Seven Mountains of Thomas Merton. On page 316, Mott quotes the following from one of Merton’s books, Thoughts in Solitude: … Continue reading
O. Palmer Robertson. The Christ of the Covenants. Phillipsburgh, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 1980. A Reformed Christian recommended this book to me about eight years ago—-that, and O. Palmer Robertson’s 2000 book, The Israel of God: Yesterday, Today, … Continue reading
John MacArthur and Richard Mayhue, ed. Christ’s Prophetic Plans: A Futuristic Premillennial Primer. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2012. I would like to thank Moody Publishers for my review copy of this book. See here for Moody’s page about the book. Christ’s … Continue reading
My church finished its Bible study on Luke last night. We were going through Luke: Gospel of Reassurance With Michael Card. Because my pastor and his wife will be away next week, we went through two lessons last night. In … Continue reading