Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Book Write-Up: Christ Is Yours, by Eric Rivera
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Book Write-Up: Gods and Kings, by Lynn Austin
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Religion
Rebecca VanDoodewaard. Reformation Women: Sixteenth-Century Figures Who Shaped Christianity’s Rebirth. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about sixteenth century Protestant women who contributed to the Protestant Reformation. … Continue reading
Jennifer Powell McNutt and David Lauber, ed. The People’s Book: The Reformation and the Bible. IVP Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about the Protestant Reformation and the Bible. It consists … Continue reading
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading
I recently read Confucius’ Analects. Specifically, I read the Penguin Classics version, for which D.C. Lau was the translator. Lau also provided an informative introduction. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I will quote a paragraph from the back … Continue reading
Erwin Lutzer. Christ among Other Gods: A Defense of Christ in an Age of Tolerance. Moody: 1994, 2016. See here to buy the book. Erwin Lutzer is senior pastor as Chicago’s Moody Church and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Gorsuch and Garland, Mere Rhetoric, KFC, Medicaid Work Requirements, Syria, Hillary, Christian Seders, Hank Hanegraaff
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up, in which I link to articles and comment on them. Reason: On Criminal Justice and Executive Branch Power, Neil Gorsuch May Be More “Liberal” Than Merrick Garland, by Damon Root. Of course, Neil … Continue reading
Teaching of the Buddha. Tokyo: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai, 1966, 1991. Printed by Toppan Printing Co. I got this book at the Goodwill. It contains Buddhist sayings from various Buddhist writings. I have long known about Buddhism. I may have first … Continue reading