January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Book Write-Up: It's Very Simple, by Alan Stang
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Joan of Arcadia: Desolation and Consolation
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Category Archives: Religion
Rebecca VanDoodewaard. Reformation Women: Sixteenth-Century Figures Who Shaped Christianity’s Rebirth. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about sixteenth century Protestant women who contributed to the Protestant Reformation. … Continue reading
Jennifer Powell McNutt and David Lauber, ed. The People’s Book: The Reformation and the Bible. IVP Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about the Protestant Reformation and the Bible. It consists … Continue reading
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading
I recently read Confucius’ Analects. Specifically, I read the Penguin Classics version, for which D.C. Lau was the translator. Lau also provided an informative introduction. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I will quote a paragraph from the back … Continue reading
Erwin Lutzer. Christ among Other Gods: A Defense of Christ in an Age of Tolerance. Moody: 1994, 2016. See here to buy the book. Erwin Lutzer is senior pastor as Chicago’s Moody Church and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Gorsuch and Garland, Mere Rhetoric, KFC, Medicaid Work Requirements, Syria, Hillary, Christian Seders, Hank Hanegraaff
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up, in which I link to articles and comment on them. Reason: On Criminal Justice and Executive Branch Power, Neil Gorsuch May Be More “Liberal” Than Merrick Garland, by Damon Root. Of course, Neil … Continue reading
Teaching of the Buddha. Tokyo: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai, 1966, 1991. Printed by Toppan Printing Co. I got this book at the Goodwill. It contains Buddhist sayings from various Buddhist writings. I have long known about Buddhism. I may have first … Continue reading