Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Martyrdom of Zechariah in Rabbinic Literature and Matthew 23:35
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Beginning Carson's Exegetical Fallacies
- About Me
- Church Write-Up: Mark 9-10 and Becoming Like a Child
- Book Review: Basic Economics (1)
- Book Review: Basic Economics
- Book Write-Up: Trinity without Hierarchy
- Church Write-Up: God’s Persistent Love; Immediately After Death
- A Brief Review of “Safe People” by Cloud and Townsend
- Book Write-Up: The Transparent Cabal, by Stephen J. Sniegoski
- Book Write-Up: The Trinity and Martin Luther, by Christine Helmer
- Book Write-Up: The Supremacists, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: The Banquet Invitation
Category Archives: Religion
Rebecca VanDoodewaard. Reformation Women: Sixteenth-Century Figures Who Shaped Christianity’s Rebirth. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about sixteenth century Protestant women who contributed to the Protestant Reformation. … Continue reading
Jennifer Powell McNutt and David Lauber, ed. The People’s Book: The Reformation and the Bible. IVP Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about the Protestant Reformation and the Bible. It consists … Continue reading
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading