Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Lord's Prayer, Booting the Quartos, Sabbath as Eden
- Book Write-Up: Institutional Intelligence
- EerdWord: Steward of God’s Mysteries
- Church Write-Up: The Law and Eternal Life
- What is Brotherly Love? (1 Thessalonians 4:9–10)
- Forgiveness…Once Again, by Paul D. Adams
- Murphy-O’Connor-Colossians: authentic and early
- Murphy-O’Connor-jail time in Ephesus
- Book Write-Up: Between One Faith and Another
- Book Review: The Cause Of All Nations
- R.I.P., Figabuddy
Category Archives: Religion
Rebecca VanDoodewaard. Reformation Women: Sixteenth-Century Figures Who Shaped Christianity’s Rebirth. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about sixteenth century Protestant women who contributed to the Protestant Reformation. … Continue reading
Jennifer Powell McNutt and David Lauber, ed. The People’s Book: The Reformation and the Bible. IVP Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. As the title indicates, this book is about the Protestant Reformation and the Bible. It consists … Continue reading
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading