Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- About Me
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
- Book Review: The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
- Review: The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education
- Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation
- Lee-Barnewall–egalitarian usefulness
- Trump, Big Government, the Export-Import Bank, and the Washington Swamp
- Book Write-Up: All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin
- Lee-Barnewall–historical reflections on gender and evangelicalism
- Was the Gospel of Mark an Apocalyptic Text?
- Book Write-Up: The Making of American Liberal Theology (1805-1900)
Category Archives: Movies
I saw Star Wars: Rogue One this weekend. Jyn Erso’s father, Galen, helped to design and construct the Death Star for the Empire. Because he hates the Empire, he placed a design flaw within the Death Star. The Rebel Alliance … Continue reading
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up, where I link to news and opinion pieces and comment about them. Trump, Trump’s Appointees, Etc. Christianity Today magazine had a status above its article, “Here’s Who Will Pray at Trump’s Inauguration.” The … Continue reading
I was watching The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies last night. I found one scene especially interesting. The dwarves, the men, the elves, and the orcs are all gathered for battle. The elf Tauriel wants to go help … Continue reading
I watched the 2016 Christian movie, God’s Not Dead 2, on Amazon last night. God’s Not Dead 2 is the sequel to the 2014 movie God’s Not Dead. Here are some items. In the course of my commentary, I will … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I watched the 1955 movie, A Man Called Peter, which was about Peter Marshall, a preacher and Senate chaplain. I did not know much about Peter Marshall himself, but I enjoyed his wife Catherine’s book, Christy, … Continue reading
I mentioned yesterday that I watched some faith-affirming films last week. I watched three of them that I want to discuss on this blog. The first one was the 2014 romantic comedy Christian Mingle, which I wrote about yesterday. The … Continue reading
I watched some faith-affirming movies last week. Today, I will comment on the first one that I watched: the 2014 romantic comedy Christian Mingle. Christian Mingle is a Christian dating site. Gwyneth Hayden is disappointed with the dating scene and … Continue reading