October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- A Wind in the Door
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Movies
We went to see Solo during the Memorial Day Weekend. My custom has been to write about all of the Star Wars movies that I see in the theater. I’ve been stalling on this one. For the others, there were … Continue reading
On Thanksgiving, I went to the Missouri Synod church’s Thanksgiving service. The pastor talked about a movie from the 1980’s entitled The Big Chill. The pastor was saying that it is about University of Michigan students, and, while he himself … Continue reading
Last Sunday, at one of the church services that I attended, the pastor was attempting to explain I John 5:16, which states (in the KJV): “If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he … Continue reading
I went to two church services this last Sunday morning. The first was an African-American Baptist church, and the second was an evangelical church, which I call the “pen church” because I get a new pen there every time that … Continue reading
Teaching of the Buddha. Tokyo: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai, 1966, 1991. Printed by Toppan Printing Co. I got this book at the Goodwill. It contains Buddhist sayings from various Buddhist writings. I have long known about Buddhism. I may have first … Continue reading
Last Sunday, I visited what I call the “Word of Faith” church. The label fits in some areas but not in others, but I don’t want to identify the church by name, so that is the label that I will … Continue reading
I recently watched the 2015 Lifetime movie, The Unauthorized Full House Story, which was about the actors in the hit ABC sitcom Full House. The movie went from the actors’ rise from obscurity and disappointments to Candace Cameron’s wedding to … Continue reading
I saw Star Wars: Rogue One this weekend. Jyn Erso’s father, Galen, helped to design and construct the Death Star for the Empire. Because he hates the Empire, he placed a design flaw within the Death Star. The Rebel Alliance … Continue reading
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up, where I link to news and opinion pieces and comment about them. Trump, Trump’s Appointees, Etc. Christianity Today magazine had a status above its article, “Here’s Who Will Pray at Trump’s Inauguration.” The … Continue reading
I was watching The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies last night. I found one scene especially interesting. The dwarves, the men, the elves, and the orcs are all gathered for battle. The elf Tauriel wants to go help … Continue reading