Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Book Write-Up: Good and Angry, by David Powlison
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: Resurrection
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading
John J. Bombaro and Adam S. Francisco. The Resurrection Fact: Responding to Modern Critics. New Reformation Publications, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Allow me to quote the description of the book on Amazon, before I offer my thoughts … Continue reading
Michael Rota. Taking Pascal’s Wager: Faith, Evidence and the Abundant Life. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Michael Rota teaches philosophy at the University of St. Thomas, which is in St. Paul, Minnesota. In Taking … Continue reading
Michael R. Licona. The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2010. See here to purchase the book. Michael R. Licona has a Ph.D. from the University of Pretoria and has taught at Houston Baptist Seminary. … Continue reading
I recently read the “Gospel of Nicodemus” in The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden. The English translation there is what I will quote in this post. The “Gospel of Nicodemus” is also known as … Continue reading
“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40). I was talking with a man on … Continue reading
I am still reading Evidence for the Rapture: A Biblical Case for Pretribulationism. Moody Press sent me a complimentary review copy of this book. My favorite essay in this book so far is Michael J. Vanlaningham’s “Paul and the Rapture: … Continue reading
Bart D. Ehrman. How Jesus Became God: The Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee. New York: HarperOne, 2014. See here to buy the book. How did Jesus, a Jew from a monotheistic culture, come to be seen by his … Continue reading
For Easter Sunday, I went to church this morning. Actually, I go to church every Sunday, but there were more people at church this morning because it is Easter. My pastor preached about the folded napkin, or burial cloth, that … Continue reading
While I was walking to church this morning, I was thinking about Romans 10:9, which states: “if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, … Continue reading