Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- The Original Sign of Immanuel (Isaiah 7:1-14)
- “Without love my confession of the name of Christ even by shedding my blood or offering my body to be burnt will avail me nothing”
- A Personal Reflection on RC Sproul’s Impact — The Evangelical Calvinist
- Matthew 1:18-23 – The Sign of Immanuel
- Book Write-Up: MUSLIM, by Hank Hanegraaff
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
Category Archives: Resurrection
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading
John J. Bombaro and Adam S. Francisco. The Resurrection Fact: Responding to Modern Critics. New Reformation Publications, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Allow me to quote the description of the book on Amazon, before I offer my thoughts … Continue reading
Michael Rota. Taking Pascal’s Wager: Faith, Evidence and the Abundant Life. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Michael Rota teaches philosophy at the University of St. Thomas, which is in St. Paul, Minnesota. In Taking … Continue reading
Michael R. Licona. The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2010. See here to purchase the book. Michael R. Licona has a Ph.D. from the University of Pretoria and has taught at Houston Baptist Seminary. … Continue reading
I recently read the “Gospel of Nicodemus” in The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden. The English translation there is what I will quote in this post. The “Gospel of Nicodemus” is also known as … Continue reading
“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40). I was talking with a man on … Continue reading