Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Zechariah and the Two Witnesses
- About Me
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: The Creature from Jekyll Island, by G. Edward Griffin
- Margaret Barker-drawing outside the lines
- the doctrine of revelation and henotheism
- Church Write-Up: I Corinthians 15:1-11
- The 8 Biggest Blogging Mistakes (And How to Fix Them)
- Why Are Prisons Banning Used Book Donations?
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23; Hosea 10:8 and Luke 23:30
- Book Write-Up: A History of the Work of Redemption, by Jonathan Edwards
- Twenty Years — Deeper Waters
- My favorite books
Category Archives: Bible
At church last Sunday, I learned something about the Greek of John 1:11. Some of my readers may already know what I am about to share, but it was new to me, since I have not read the Gospel of … Continue reading
In John 2:1-11, Jesus and his disciples are at a wedding, and the wedding feast runs out of wine. Jesus’ mother Mary tells Jesus about the problem, and Jesus replies, “Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour … Continue reading
John H. Sailhamer. The Meaning of the Pentateuch: Revelation, Composition and Interpretation. IVP Academic, 2009. See here to purchase the book. The late John Sailhamer taught Old Testament at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary in Brea, California. In the Meaning … Continue reading
Erwin Lutzer. Christ among Other Gods: A Defense of Christ in an Age of Tolerance. Moody: 1994, 2016. See here to buy the book. Erwin Lutzer is senior pastor as Chicago’s Moody Church and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was continuing his series on prayer. He said that people do not need to kneel and close their eyes when they pray, for they can pray anywhere, even while they are driving their car. … Continue reading
Teaching of the Buddha. Tokyo: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai, 1966, 1991. Printed by Toppan Printing Co. I got this book at the Goodwill. It contains Buddhist sayings from various Buddhist writings. I have long known about Buddhism. I may have first … Continue reading