Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Book Write-Up: Christ Is Yours, by Eric Rivera
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Book Write-Up: Gods and Kings, by Lynn Austin
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Bible
At church last Sunday, I learned something about the Greek of John 1:11. Some of my readers may already know what I am about to share, but it was new to me, since I have not read the Gospel of … Continue reading
In John 2:1-11, Jesus and his disciples are at a wedding, and the wedding feast runs out of wine. Jesus’ mother Mary tells Jesus about the problem, and Jesus replies, “Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour … Continue reading
John H. Sailhamer. The Meaning of the Pentateuch: Revelation, Composition and Interpretation. IVP Academic, 2009. See here to purchase the book. The late John Sailhamer taught Old Testament at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary in Brea, California. In the Meaning … Continue reading
Erwin Lutzer. Christ among Other Gods: A Defense of Christ in an Age of Tolerance. Moody: 1994, 2016. See here to buy the book. Erwin Lutzer is senior pastor as Chicago’s Moody Church and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was continuing his series on prayer. He said that people do not need to kneel and close their eyes when they pray, for they can pray anywhere, even while they are driving their car. … Continue reading
Teaching of the Buddha. Tokyo: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai, 1966, 1991. Printed by Toppan Printing Co. I got this book at the Goodwill. It contains Buddhist sayings from various Buddhist writings. I have long known about Buddhism. I may have first … Continue reading
Ron Citlau. Hope for the Same-Sex Attracted: Biblical Direction for Friends, Family Members, and Those Struggling with Homosexuality. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Ron Citlau is a pastor. He himself has struggled with same-sex attraction, and … Continue reading
Matthew W. Bates. Salvation by Allegiance Alone: Rethinking Faith, Works, and the Gospel of Jesus the King. Baker Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Matthew W. Bates has a doctorate from the University of Notre Dame and teaches … Continue reading
Ronald Beckham. Achaia: The Days of Noah. WestBow Press, 2016. See here to buy the book. Achaia is largely set in antediluvian times, but it ends with the Flood. Ronald Beckham depicts the antediluvian period as one of technological advancement. … Continue reading