Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- About Me
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
- Book Review: The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
- Review: The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education
- Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation
- Lee-Barnewall–egalitarian usefulness
- Trump, Big Government, the Export-Import Bank, and the Washington Swamp
- Book Write-Up: All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin
- Lee-Barnewall–historical reflections on gender and evangelicalism
- Was the Gospel of Mark an Apocalyptic Text?
- Book Write-Up: The Making of American Liberal Theology (1805-1900)
Category Archives: Bible
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about loneliness. The pastor’s text was II Timothy 4:9-17. The text, in the KJV, states: 9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: 10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, … Continue reading
Derek Leman was a Messianic rabbi, and I have been subscribing to his Daily D’var for years. Now it is called the “Daily Portion.” In the February 12, 2017 Daily Portion, Derek was addressing Mark 6:6b-13. The passage (in the … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, it was raining outside, plus there were forecasts of an ice-storm. I stayed home and watched John MacArthur’s service, then I watched the service of the church that I usually attend. I hope I don’t get … Continue reading
Jeremy Wells. The Coming Flood: A Call for the Endurance and Faith of the Saints. LED Ministries, 2016. See here to purchase the book. In The Coming Flood, Jeremy Wells argues against the pre-tribulational view of the rapture and offers … Continue reading
Timothy Keller and Sam Allberry. 90 Days in John 14-17, Romans, James. The Good Book Company, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Timothy Keller and Sam Allberry are pastors. As the title indicates, this book goes through John 14-17, … Continue reading
I visited another church last Sunday. I got up early, and I figured that I might as well attend the church’s early service, since I had a lot to do that day and I wanted to free up more time … Continue reading
Richard A. Taylor. Interpreting Apocalyptic Literature: An Exegetical Handbook. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Richard A. Taylor teaches Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary. Apocalyptic literature can include such features as visions, a human … Continue reading