Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Stephen King's Method in IT
- Book Write-Up: Our Deepest Desires
- The Audience of Hebrews
- Early Textual Transmission of Christian Texts
- Murphy-O’Connor-back-and-forth with Corinth
- Book Write-Up: Institutional Intelligence
- EerdWord: Steward of God’s Mysteries
- Church Write-Up: The Law and Eternal Life
- What is Brotherly Love? (1 Thessalonians 4:9–10)
- Forgiveness…Once Again, by Paul D. Adams
- Murphy-O’Connor-Colossians: authentic and early
Category Archives: Political Philosophy
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I recently read Confucius’ Analects. Specifically, I read the Penguin Classics version, for which D.C. Lau was the translator. Lau also provided an informative introduction. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I will quote a paragraph from the back … Continue reading
Michael Wear. Reclaiming Hope: Lessons Learned in the Obama White House about the Future of Faith in America. Nelson Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Wear was a staffer in the Obama Administration. The inside flap of … Continue reading
I don’t feel like doing an extensive Current Events Write-Up today, so I will just link to two articles that I found interesting. The Atlantic: How Democrats Killed Their Populist Soul:In the 1970s, a new wave of post-Watergate liberals stopped … Continue reading
Time for another Current Events Write-Up, where I link to news and opinion pieces and comment on them! As you might expect, the focus this week is on Trump: the inauguration and his first days in office. The Trump Inauguration … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Time for another week of links to news and opinion pieces! Pharmaceuticals “Cory Booker and 12 Other Dems Just Stopped Bernie Sanders’ Amendment to Lower Prescription Drug Costs,” by Walter Bragman. Bad news! Bernie Sanders proposed an amendment that would … Continue reading
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up, in which I post links to news and opinion pieces that caught my attention this week. I just want to make clear: I include different perspectives, so no author whom I include would … Continue reading