Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Hidden Secrets, and John Schneider's Testimony
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- About Me
- Theological Influences: The Churches of Christ — Experimental Theology
- Quiz Show: Bible Contradictions! — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Atoning for Betrayal
- Was the American Civil War About Slavery?
- The Devil’s Redemption — Triablogue
- Book Review: The War That Made America
- Evangelical Reflections on Seventh-day Adventism: Yesterday and Today, Part 3 (of 3)
- Evangelical Reflections on Seventh-day Adventism: Yesterday and Today, Part 2 (of 3)
- Evangelical Reflections on Seventh-day Adventism: Yesterday and Today, Part 1 (of 3)
Category Archives: Political Philosophy
Russell Kirk. The Conservative Mind. BN Publishing, 2008. See here to purchase the book. Russell Kirk was a twentieth century conservative thinker. The Conservative Mind was originally published in 1953. In this book, Kirk profiles conservative thought in Britain and … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I recently read Confucius’ Analects. Specifically, I read the Penguin Classics version, for which D.C. Lau was the translator. Lau also provided an informative introduction. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I will quote a paragraph from the back … Continue reading
Michael Wear. Reclaiming Hope: Lessons Learned in the Obama White House about the Future of Faith in America. Nelson Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Wear was a staffer in the Obama Administration. The inside flap of … Continue reading
I don’t feel like doing an extensive Current Events Write-Up today, so I will just link to two articles that I found interesting. The Atlantic: How Democrats Killed Their Populist Soul:In the 1970s, a new wave of post-Watergate liberals stopped … Continue reading
Time for another Current Events Write-Up, where I link to news and opinion pieces and comment on them! As you might expect, the focus this week is on Trump: the inauguration and his first days in office. The Trump Inauguration … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Time for another week of links to news and opinion pieces! Pharmaceuticals “Cory Booker and 12 Other Dems Just Stopped Bernie Sanders’ Amendment to Lower Prescription Drug Costs,” by Walter Bragman. Bad news! Bernie Sanders proposed an amendment that would … Continue reading