Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Jerry Voorhis: The Strange Case of Richard Milhous Nixon 1
- Book Write-Up: The Summoned King, by Dave Neuendorf
- Milavec-a new way for displaced people
- Book Write-Up: The Wish, by Beverly Lewis
- Book Write-Up: Sunlight, by Julius Buchanan
- Ramblings on Music and Worship
- Book Write-Up: The Book of Mormon
- Book Write-Up: War Against War, by Michael Kazin
- Book Write-Up: He Will Be the Preacher, by Erwin W. Lutzer
- Pentecostal/Name-It-Claim-It Remnants?
- Book Write-Up: Vos’ Reformed Dogmatics, volume 1, Theology Proper
Category Archives: Television
A couple of comments about Christology stood out to me recently. This post is not entirely about the debate in the theology-blogosphere about whether God the Son is eternally subordinate to God the Father, in a functional sense. But it … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I watched the 1955 movie, A Man Called Peter, which was about Peter Marshall, a preacher and Senate chaplain. I did not know much about Peter Marshall himself, but I enjoyed his wife Catherine’s book, Christy, … Continue reading
I reviewed Kevin Vanhoozer’s Pictures at a Theological Exhibition a few days ago. I forgot to include an item in that review that I was planning to include. Maybe that’s for the best, as you will see below. Basically, the … Continue reading
Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. Where Hope Prevails. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2016. See here to buy the book. Where Hope Prevails is the third book of the “Return to the Canadian West” series. The series is about a … Continue reading
John A. Hostetler. Amish Society: Revised Edition. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1963, 1968, 1971. I bought this book a while back at the Goodwill. It looked to me like an informative, detailed, and judicious discussion about the … Continue reading
This will be somewhat of a rambling post, but not horribly rambling. I will start out with what Philo says about the Exodus in Special Laws II:217-219. Then, I will interact with a fictional book that I recently read about … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). Earlier in the service, there was a skit about the parable. The pastor made a point about the parable that overlaps with other themes … Continue reading