Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Two Conservative Opponents of Dropping the A-Bomb
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Temple Grandin
- The Am Ha-Aretz, Sinners, and the Prodigal Son
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Gentiles and the Torah
- Blasphemy and Cultic Devotion
- Completing Hurtado's How on Earth Did Jesus Become a God?
- Book Write-Up: Knowing Yourself Knowing God
- Can Bernie Sanders Supporters Replicate the Success of the Christian Coalition?
- Church Write-Up: God’s Love Is Constant
- Book Review: John C. Collins, Apocalypse, Prophecy, and Pseudepigraphy
- Enoch and the Essene Hypothesis
- Benjamin Brown on Halakhic Labor Law: Statist or Democratic?
- Book Write-Up: Freedom, by Jeremy Griffith
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Book Write-Up: If God Is Good, by Randy Alcorn
- A Religious Drifter Experiencing God?
Category Archives: Television
John A. Hostetler. Amish Society: Revised Edition. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1963, 1968, 1971. I bought this book a while back at the Goodwill. It looked to me like an informative, detailed, and judicious discussion about the … Continue reading
This will be somewhat of a rambling post, but not horribly rambling. I will start out with what Philo says about the Exodus in Special Laws II:217-219. Then, I will interact with a fictional book that I recently read about … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). Earlier in the service, there was a skit about the parable. The pastor made a point about the parable that overlaps with other themes … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
I am reading Peter Jones’ The Other Worldview: Exposing Christianity’s Greatest Threat. I received a complimentary review copy. Not long ago, I linked to Jones’ critical article about Star Wars. A key villain in Jones’ book, and article, is the … Continue reading
I was flipping through channels last week and came across the Catholic channel, EWTN. Mother Angelica was discussing theology with some kids, probably sometime during the 1980s. Mother Angelica was trying to highlight how wonderful the incarnation of God in … Continue reading