Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Category Archives: Television
Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Time for another week of links to news and opinion pieces! Pharmaceuticals “Cory Booker and 12 Other Dems Just Stopped Bernie Sanders’ Amendment to Lower Prescription Drug Costs,” by Walter Bragman. Bad news! Bernie Sanders proposed an amendment that would … Continue reading
I’ve got some current events and opinions links for this week! The Trump Cabinet President-elect Donald Trump selected Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson to be Secretary of State. Pat Buchanan is happy with the decision, from the standpoint of supporting a … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was preaching about being on a team. It was “Jersey Sunday,” so many people in church, including the pastor himself, were wearing jerseys of their favorite sports team. The pastor talked about how none … Continue reading
A couple of comments about Christology stood out to me recently. This post is not entirely about the debate in the theology-blogosphere about whether God the Son is eternally subordinate to God the Father, in a functional sense. But it … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I watched the 1955 movie, A Man Called Peter, which was about Peter Marshall, a preacher and Senate chaplain. I did not know much about Peter Marshall himself, but I enjoyed his wife Catherine’s book, Christy, … Continue reading
I reviewed Kevin Vanhoozer’s Pictures at a Theological Exhibition a few days ago. I forgot to include an item in that review that I was planning to include. Maybe that’s for the best, as you will see below. Basically, the … Continue reading