Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: UnClobber, by Colby Martin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Book Write-Up: At Work Within, by Rick Osborne
- Thanksgiving, the Problem of Evil, and Eschatological Hope
- Open Forest: Anxiety Month
- Mesothelioma: Virgil’s Story
- Book Write-Up: The Prayer God Loves to Answer
- Remember the forgotten, and keep friendships in repair.
- Current Events Write-Up: Castro, Trump’s Cabinet, Etc.
- Book Write-Up: A Little Book for New Philosophers, by Paul Copan
- Book Write-Up: The Gospel on the Margins, by Michael J. Kok
- Jonah, the Important Things in Life,and Being Part of Something Larger, with a Mark Driscoll Detour Thrown into the Mix
Category Archives: Television
At church last Sunday, the pastor was preaching about being on a team. It was “Jersey Sunday,” so many people in church, including the pastor himself, were wearing jerseys of their favorite sports team. The pastor talked about how none … Continue reading
A couple of comments about Christology stood out to me recently. This post is not entirely about the debate in the theology-blogosphere about whether God the Son is eternally subordinate to God the Father, in a functional sense. But it … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I watched the 1955 movie, A Man Called Peter, which was about Peter Marshall, a preacher and Senate chaplain. I did not know much about Peter Marshall himself, but I enjoyed his wife Catherine’s book, Christy, … Continue reading
I reviewed Kevin Vanhoozer’s Pictures at a Theological Exhibition a few days ago. I forgot to include an item in that review that I was planning to include. Maybe that’s for the best, as you will see below. Basically, the … Continue reading
Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. Where Hope Prevails. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2016. See here to buy the book. Where Hope Prevails is the third book of the “Return to the Canadian West” series. The series is about a … Continue reading
John A. Hostetler. Amish Society: Revised Edition. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1963, 1968, 1971. I bought this book a while back at the Goodwill. It looked to me like an informative, detailed, and judicious discussion about the … Continue reading