Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Book Write-Up: Jesus and the Zealots, by S.G.F. Brandon
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Pagan Miracles and Pseudo-Philo
- Review: Scotland: A New History
- Book Write-Up: C.S. Lewis, by Alister McGrath
- Genesis 2 and Pentecost
- II Chronicles 34 (Rambling)
- Between Me and God
- Book Write-Up: How Jesus Became God, by Bart Ehrman
- Pseudo-Philo, Hell, and Soul Sleep
- About That Post I Wrote on Baptism…
- A Letter To The Tenuous Christian Who Has Left Church and Is Hanging On By A Thread
Category Archives: Television
This will be a rambling post that talks about the pseudepigraphical Book of Jubilees and last Wednesday’s episode of The Middle. I’ve been reading the Book of Jubilees for my daily quiet time. The Book of Jubilees dates to the … Continue reading
I’ve been watching the new ABC series, American Crime, which is on Thursday nights at 10 pm. I want to write some of my reactions to the show, and I’ll use as my starting-point wikipedia’s succinct description: “The show follows … Continue reading
The pastor this morning preached about Jesus’ cleansing of the Temple. He said that Jesus was getting rid of the moneychangers and sellers of animals in the Temple because they were overcharging the worshipers. The pastor then likened the Temple … Continue reading
These past days have been the sort of days in which crap from my past enters my mind. I was remembering an incident this morning. I was an undergraduate in college over a decade ago, and I said something sarcastic … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I was watching CBS Sunday Morning on Sunday morning. During winters or on rainy days when I cannot walk to church, my Mom’s husband drives me, and we watch pieces of CBS This Morning before we … Continue reading
In last Sunday’s Family Guy, Quagmire breaks the law and faces the possibility of twenty years in jail. Quagmire blames his mother (played by Allison Janney) for his sexual deviancy, for she herself was promiscuous when Quagmire was growing up. … Continue reading
III Maccabees is about the attempt by King Ptolemy IV Philopator in the late third century B.C.E. to obliterate the Jews of Egypt, and God’s deliverance of the Jews. In the course of this plot, God messes with Ptolemy’s brain, … Continue reading