Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- About Me
- Dionysius and Revelation
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- 10 Significant Mike Wallace Moments
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Category Archives: Television
For church on Sunday, I visited two services. One was at the church that I often call the “Word of Faith” church, a label that sometimes fits and sometimes does not. The other was at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. … Continue reading
I don’t feel like doing an extensive Current Events Write-Up today, so I will just link to two articles that I found interesting. The Atlantic: How Democrats Killed Their Populist Soul:In the 1970s, a new wave of post-Watergate liberals stopped … Continue reading
I recently watched the 2015 Lifetime movie, The Unauthorized Full House Story, which was about the actors in the hit ABC sitcom Full House. The movie went from the actors’ rise from obscurity and disappointments to Candace Cameron’s wedding to … Continue reading
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up, in which I link to news articles and opinion pieces and comment on them. Townhall: The Stars of Sexist and Racist Hollywood Shine Bright Tonight, by Paul Jacob. I am glad that a … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Gorsuch, Disability Rights, Health Care, the Senate, Little House, the Big Bang Theory, Etc.
Time for a Current Events Write-Up. Neil Gorsuch Washington Post: Neil Gorsuch belongs to a notably liberal church — and would be the first Protestant on the Court in years, by Julie Zauzmer. I learned of this article from Steve … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Time for another week of links to news and opinion pieces! Pharmaceuticals “Cory Booker and 12 Other Dems Just Stopped Bernie Sanders’ Amendment to Lower Prescription Drug Costs,” by Walter Bragman. Bad news! Bernie Sanders proposed an amendment that would … Continue reading
I’ve got some current events and opinions links for this week! The Trump Cabinet President-elect Donald Trump selected Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson to be Secretary of State. Pat Buchanan is happy with the decision, from the standpoint of supporting a … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was preaching about being on a team. It was “Jersey Sunday,” so many people in church, including the pastor himself, were wearing jerseys of their favorite sports team. The pastor talked about how none … Continue reading
A couple of comments about Christology stood out to me recently. This post is not entirely about the debate in the theology-blogosphere about whether God the Son is eternally subordinate to God the Father, in a functional sense. But it … Continue reading