Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Patty Duke Reunion Movie (1999)
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- About Me
- Four Reactions to Ken Pulliam's Recent Passing
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- Book Write-Up: God Against the Gods, by Jonathan Kirsch
- The Day the Sun Stood Still: Interpreting the Miracle of Joshua 10
- Quote on reading and a great blogging resource
- Story Write-Up: For This Child I Prayed, by William Gage
- Book Write-Up: The Sons of Isaac, by Roberta Kells Dorr
- Why Did God Make Me This Way?
- Psalm 19:7-11 – The Perfection of God’s Word
- Resentment and Persevering Love
- Sunday Quote: Activist Jean Vanier on loneliness and the revolt against injustice
- Book Write-Up: One Church, Many Tribes, by Richard Twiss
Category Archives: Deaths
1. We watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last night. It’s an excellent movie, but it was uncomfortable for me to watch. I was hoping that there would be peace and mutual understanding between the humans and the … Continue reading
Actress Lauren Bacall has passed on. I only saw a few of her movies with Humphrey Bogart. I also saw her in the Stephen King movie Misery, in which she played author Paul Sheldon’s agent. Apparently, she was also in … Continue reading
I was surprised to learn yesterday that Robin Williams had passed away. I just take for granted certain people being alive. I had even thought about Robin Williams a couple of times not long before his death. I saw him … Continue reading
James Brady has passed on. Brady was President Ronald Reagan’s press secretary, who was paralyzed as a result of John Hinkley’s assassination attempt on the President. Brady and his wife, Sarah, became activists for gun control. I watched a movie … Continue reading
Actor James Garner has passed on. Back when I was a child, I would watch Maverick and The Rockford Files with my family. I’ve also seen some of his movies. My personal favorite was when he played Dr. Bob in … Continue reading
Casey Kasem has passed on. I remember him from the show Saved by the Bell. Also, back when I was in high school, I listened to him on the radio some Sundays, when he was doing his pop music/love song … Continue reading