Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Category Archives: Deaths
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up! Surveillance of Trump’s Campaign? Transcript: ABC This Week for March 4, 2017. ABC This Week last Sunday, of course, was focusing on Donald Trump’s claim that Barack Obama in 2016 wiretapped Trump’s campaign. … Continue reading
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up, in which I post links to news and opinion pieces that caught my attention this week. I just want to make clear: I include different perspectives, so no author whom I include would … Continue reading
I’ve got some current events and opinions links for this week! The Trump Cabinet President-elect Donald Trump selected Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson to be Secretary of State. Pat Buchanan is happy with the decision, from the standpoint of supporting a … Continue reading
After I wrote and published my blog post about the late Phyllis Schlafly a few days ago, I recalled two other interactions that I had about her. These interactions converged around a particular issue: the U.S. Patriot Act. It was … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
Ronald L. Dart recently died. Dart was a minister in the Worldwide Church of God (WCG). When Garner Ted Armstrong left the WCG and founded the Church of God International (CGI), Dart became a minister at the CGI. Later, Dart … Continue reading