Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Category Archives: Deaths
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up, in which I post links to news and opinion pieces that caught my attention this week. I just want to make clear: I include different perspectives, so no author whom I include would … Continue reading
I’ve got some current events and opinions links for this week! The Trump Cabinet President-elect Donald Trump selected Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson to be Secretary of State. Pat Buchanan is happy with the decision, from the standpoint of supporting a … Continue reading
After I wrote and published my blog post about the late Phyllis Schlafly a few days ago, I recalled two other interactions that I had about her. These interactions converged around a particular issue: the U.S. Patriot Act. It was … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed on unexpectedly last week. I have been wanting to write a post reflecting on him and his approach to constitutional law. Here it is! A. I do not know exactly when I first heard … Continue reading
Ronald L. Dart recently died. Dart was a minister in the Worldwide Church of God (WCG). When Garner Ted Armstrong left the WCG and founded the Church of God International (CGI), Dart became a minister at the CGI. Later, Dart … Continue reading
1. We watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last night. It’s an excellent movie, but it was uncomfortable for me to watch. I was hoping that there would be peace and mutual understanding between the humans and the … Continue reading