August 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Why Sin Matters (McMinn): a book review
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- Book Write-Up: Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller
- Archaeologically Invisible
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Category Archives: Philosophy
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I recently read Confucius’ Analects. Specifically, I read the Penguin Classics version, for which D.C. Lau was the translator. Lau also provided an informative introduction. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I will quote a paragraph from the back … Continue reading
Michael Rota. Taking Pascal’s Wager: Faith, Evidence and the Abundant Life. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Michael Rota teaches philosophy at the University of St. Thomas, which is in St. Paul, Minnesota. In Taking … Continue reading
Paul Copan. A Little Book for New Philosophers: Why and How to Study Philosophy. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Paul Copan teaches philosophy at Palm Beach Atlantic University. As the subtitle of this book … Continue reading
Mark A. Tietjen. Kierkegaard: A Christian Missionary to Christians. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. Soren Kierkegaard was a nineteenth century Danish Christian philosopher. Kierkegaard had problems with the Christendom of his day, for he … Continue reading
Kim Riddlebarger. The Lion of Princeton: B.B. Warfield as Apologist and Theologian. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015. See here to purchase the book. B.B. Warfield was a theologically conservative professor at Princeton in the late nineteenth-early twentieth centuries. In The … Continue reading
Douglas Groothuis. Philosophy in Seven Sentences: A Small Introduction to a Vast Topic. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. In Philosophy in Seven Sentences, Christian philosopher Douglas Groothuis discusses the thought of seven Western … Continue reading
John M. Frame. A History of Western Philosophy and Theology. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In A History of Western Philosophy and Theology, John Frame summarizes and critiques Western theological and philosophical views from … Continue reading