May 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Psalm 75
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- "A Harder Task Than Making Bricks Without Straw"
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Category Archives: Philosophy
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I recently read Confucius’ Analects. Specifically, I read the Penguin Classics version, for which D.C. Lau was the translator. Lau also provided an informative introduction. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I will quote a paragraph from the back … Continue reading
Michael Rota. Taking Pascal’s Wager: Faith, Evidence and the Abundant Life. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Michael Rota teaches philosophy at the University of St. Thomas, which is in St. Paul, Minnesota. In Taking … Continue reading
Paul Copan. A Little Book for New Philosophers: Why and How to Study Philosophy. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Paul Copan teaches philosophy at Palm Beach Atlantic University. As the subtitle of this book … Continue reading
Mark A. Tietjen. Kierkegaard: A Christian Missionary to Christians. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. Soren Kierkegaard was a nineteenth century Danish Christian philosopher. Kierkegaard had problems with the Christendom of his day, for he … Continue reading
Kim Riddlebarger. The Lion of Princeton: B.B. Warfield as Apologist and Theologian. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015. See here to purchase the book. B.B. Warfield was a theologically conservative professor at Princeton in the late nineteenth-early twentieth centuries. In The … Continue reading
Douglas Groothuis. Philosophy in Seven Sentences: A Small Introduction to a Vast Topic. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. In Philosophy in Seven Sentences, Christian philosopher Douglas Groothuis discusses the thought of seven Western … Continue reading
John M. Frame. A History of Western Philosophy and Theology. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In A History of Western Philosophy and Theology, John Frame summarizes and critiques Western theological and philosophical views from … Continue reading