Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Manichaeanism vs. "Fallen Goodness"
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Book Write-Up: The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Current Events Write-Up: Oil Wars; Pro-WHO and Anti-Taiwan Articles; Unfair Criticisms of Conservative Christians; Wisconsin Voter Suppression...by Democrats!
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23:6 and Psalm 40
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Current Events Write-Up: Deficit Non-Disaster; Unafraid Phyllis; Norma McCorvey; Trump’s New Press Secretary
- Book Write-Up: The Facts about Communism and Our Churches, by Billy James Hargis
- Current Events Write-Up: Solutions, Public Transit, Ahmaud Arbery, Safe Haven, Foreign Aid, Mrs. America
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 41 and 23:5a
- “Ask China” — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies’ Story, by Martin Dies
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 51; Rod and Staff
Category Archives: Music
Some of you may be coming here from Gavin Rumney’s blog. Gavin referred to my recent write-up about the Book of Mormon. You can read my post about the Book of Mormon here. Now for my church write-up! I attend … Continue reading
I visited two churches last Sunday. One was a non-denominational church that I visited before. The other was a Baptist church. The Baptist church was like an African-American church, in that it had an African-American choir, an African-American preacher, and … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn “My Times Are In Thy Hand.” It dates to the nineteenth century, so I am assuming it is in the public domain. Here are the lyrics that we sang: My times are … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, Ragamuffin, a couple of nights ago. Ragamuffin tells the story of award-winning Christian Contemporary musician Rich Mullins. It goes from his childhood, through his success and the time that he spent on a Native American … Continue reading
At church this morning, some of the songs ministered to me. We sang a couple of different songs from what we normally sing, and we even sang a song from our hymnbook! Here are some lines that especially resonated with … Continue reading
The theme at church this morning was being ready for the second coming of Christ. This was one of those church mornings where I did not know for sure what I believed, but I liked the singing. I particularly enjoyed … Continue reading