Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Category Archives: Music
Some of you may be coming here from Gavin Rumney’s blog. Gavin referred to my recent write-up about the Book of Mormon. You can read my post about the Book of Mormon here. Now for my church write-up! I attend … Continue reading
I visited two churches last Sunday. One was a non-denominational church that I visited before. The other was a Baptist church. The Baptist church was like an African-American church, in that it had an African-American choir, an African-American preacher, and … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn “My Times Are In Thy Hand.” It dates to the nineteenth century, so I am assuming it is in the public domain. Here are the lyrics that we sang: My times are … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, Ragamuffin, a couple of nights ago. Ragamuffin tells the story of award-winning Christian Contemporary musician Rich Mullins. It goes from his childhood, through his success and the time that he spent on a Native American … Continue reading
At church this morning, some of the songs ministered to me. We sang a couple of different songs from what we normally sing, and we even sang a song from our hymnbook! Here are some lines that especially resonated with … Continue reading
The theme at church this morning was being ready for the second coming of Christ. This was one of those church mornings where I did not know for sure what I believed, but I liked the singing. I particularly enjoyed … Continue reading
At church this morning, one of the hymns that we sang was “O for a Heart to Praise My God.” Click here to read the lyrics and to listen to the song. The link actually shows a lot more verses … Continue reading
Yesterday at church, we sang a hymn that stood out to me. It’s called “Lord, Speak to Me, That I May Speak.” The fourth stanza says: “O teach me, Lord, that I may teach “The precious things Thou dost impart; … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn, “O Perfect Love” (see here). At first, I just went through the motions of singing it, without thinking about the words that much. Then, I decided that the hymn might have some … Continue reading