September 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Corporate Worship on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Logos, Memra, Monotheism, John 1
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Music
Some of you may be coming here from Gavin Rumney’s blog. Gavin referred to my recent write-up about the Book of Mormon. You can read my post about the Book of Mormon here. Now for my church write-up! I attend … Continue reading
I visited two churches last Sunday. One was a non-denominational church that I visited before. The other was a Baptist church. The Baptist church was like an African-American church, in that it had an African-American choir, an African-American preacher, and … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn “My Times Are In Thy Hand.” It dates to the nineteenth century, so I am assuming it is in the public domain. Here are the lyrics that we sang: My times are … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, Ragamuffin, a couple of nights ago. Ragamuffin tells the story of award-winning Christian Contemporary musician Rich Mullins. It goes from his childhood, through his success and the time that he spent on a Native American … Continue reading
At church this morning, some of the songs ministered to me. We sang a couple of different songs from what we normally sing, and we even sang a song from our hymnbook! Here are some lines that especially resonated with … Continue reading
The theme at church this morning was being ready for the second coming of Christ. This was one of those church mornings where I did not know for sure what I believed, but I liked the singing. I particularly enjoyed … Continue reading
At church this morning, one of the hymns that we sang was “O for a Heart to Praise My God.” Click here to read the lyrics and to listen to the song. The link actually shows a lot more verses … Continue reading
Yesterday at church, we sang a hymn that stood out to me. It’s called “Lord, Speak to Me, That I May Speak.” The fourth stanza says: “O teach me, Lord, that I may teach “The precious things Thou dost impart; … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn, “O Perfect Love” (see here). At first, I just went through the motions of singing it, without thinking about the words that much. Then, I decided that the hymn might have some … Continue reading