Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did the Ten Commandments Exist Before Moses?
- About Me
- Review: Reinventing Jesus: How Contemporary Skeptics Miss the Real Jesus and Mislead Popular Culture
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- In Tribute: Suzanne McCarthy, 1955-2015
- Jerry Voorhis: The Strange Case of Richard Milhous Nixon 1
- Book Write-Up: After Acts, by Bryan Litfin
- Cook-the formation of the people of God
- Church 7/5/2015
- Book Write-Up: Christ in the Sabbath, by Rich Robinson
- End times and ever-fearful Christianity
- Doubt. . . And Belief
- Nullified Laws and the Rabbis: The Death Penalty and the Prophet
- Logos Free Book – Thomas Schreiner ‘s 40 Questions About Christians and Biblical Law
- Book Write-Up: Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys, by Richard Twiss
- Appropriate things
Category Archives: Evolution
John H. Walton (with a contribution by N.T. Wright). The Lost World of Adam and Eve: Genesis 2-3 and the Human Origins Debate. Downers Grove, IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the book. In The Lost World of Adam … Continue reading
David N. Livingstone. Darwin’s Forgotten Defenders: The Encounter Between Evangelical Theology and Evolutionary Thought. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans, Edinburgh: Scottish Academic Press, 1987. Darwin’s Forgotten Defenders is about evangelical Christian reactions to the theory of evolution in the United … Continue reading
Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. and Dorington G. Little. Biblical Portraits of Creation: Celebrating the Maker of Heaven and Earth. Wooster, Ohio: Weaver Book Company, 2014. See here for Amazon’s page about this book. Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. is an evangelical … Continue reading
Mark A. Noll. The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans/Leicester, England: Inter-Varsity Press, 1994. I first learned about this book at a graduate school Intervarsity meeting that I attended. It had a guest speaker, and she … Continue reading
Darrel R. Falk. Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology. Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 2004. I would like to thank InterVarsity Press for sending me a review copy of this book. Click here to … Continue reading
For its Bible study, my church is going through The Unbreakable Promise: God’s Covenants with Abraham, Moses, and David, With Michael Rydelnik. Last night, we did the first lesson about David. What I appreciated most was the spiritual lessons that … Continue reading