Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Christmas Wish
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
- (Some) Best Academic Books of 2017
- Book Write-Up: Moving from Broken to Beautiful Through Grief
- Friedman-did God evolve?
- Church Write-Up: Snakes with Legs; Luke’s Census; Shepherds; Dominion; Healing Atonement; Advent; “Let Me Out”; the Way to Repentance
- Guest Blog by Michael Kok: The Tradition about the Apostle and Evangelist John
Category Archives: Candidates
Had Hillary Clinton won the election, I would not have written a post-election post. But Donald Trump won, and I would like to offer my thoughts. Donald Trump’s victory speech was gracious, and I appreciated the goals that he articulated … Continue reading
The Trump and Hillary ads that I saw last night were the best political ads that I had seen in the 2016 general election. I got goosebumps after watching both of them! They were very well done. In this post, … Continue reading
Introduction I voted earlier this month, since Oregon sends out ballots by mail. I decided to cast my vote early because I was vacillating all over the place about whom I should vote for, and I wanted closure in that … Continue reading
Early in May, Rachel Maddow interviewed Bernie Sanders in Burlington, Vermont. Maddow asked Sanders how his vast array of support could be marshaled into a political movement after the election. She drew a comparison with Pat Robertson’s candidacy in 1988. … Continue reading
I want to pass on a couple of Paul Krugman’s recent blog posts. They are critical of Bernie Sanders. Paul Krugman is a notorious liberal economist who won a Nobel Prize. He is an influential voice on the Left. Weakened … Continue reading
I want to share two articles about Bernie Sanders’ health care plan. The first is opposed to it and agrees with Chelsea Clinton’s characterization of it. The second offers a different perspective. Chelsea Clinton Was Right: Everyone’s Health Care Is … Continue reading