Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Where Were You During Apartheid?"
- Psalm 78 and the plagues of Egypt
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Review: Three Days in January
- Book Write-Up: The Assault
- Eerdword: “But They’re Illegal!”
- Book Review: Founding Feuds
- Review: The Loyal Son
- Church Write-Up: People Are Lions (and Other Items)
- Sparks and the age of the Song of Deborah
- Goodbye, Miss Luna
- Book Write-Up: The Whispering of the Willows
- Church Write-Up: Service and Faith
Category Archives: Candidates
Had Hillary Clinton won the election, I would not have written a post-election post. But Donald Trump won, and I would like to offer my thoughts. Donald Trump’s victory speech was gracious, and I appreciated the goals that he articulated … Continue reading
The Trump and Hillary ads that I saw last night were the best political ads that I had seen in the 2016 general election. I got goosebumps after watching both of them! They were very well done. In this post, … Continue reading
Introduction I voted earlier this month, since Oregon sends out ballots by mail. I decided to cast my vote early because I was vacillating all over the place about whom I should vote for, and I wanted closure in that … Continue reading
Early in May, Rachel Maddow interviewed Bernie Sanders in Burlington, Vermont. Maddow asked Sanders how his vast array of support could be marshaled into a political movement after the election. She drew a comparison with Pat Robertson’s candidacy in 1988. … Continue reading
I want to pass on a couple of Paul Krugman’s recent blog posts. They are critical of Bernie Sanders. Paul Krugman is a notorious liberal economist who won a Nobel Prize. He is an influential voice on the Left. Weakened … Continue reading
I want to share two articles about Bernie Sanders’ health care plan. The first is opposed to it and agrees with Chelsea Clinton’s characterization of it. The second offers a different perspective. Chelsea Clinton Was Right: Everyone’s Health Care Is … Continue reading