Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: UnClobber, by Colby Martin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Book Write-Up: At Work Within, by Rick Osborne
- Thanksgiving, the Problem of Evil, and Eschatological Hope
- Open Forest: Anxiety Month
- Mesothelioma: Virgil’s Story
- Book Write-Up: The Prayer God Loves to Answer
- Remember the forgotten, and keep friendships in repair.
- Current Events Write-Up: Castro, Trump’s Cabinet, Etc.
- Book Write-Up: A Little Book for New Philosophers, by Paul Copan
- Book Write-Up: The Gospel on the Margins, by Michael J. Kok
- Jonah, the Important Things in Life,and Being Part of Something Larger, with a Mark Driscoll Detour Thrown into the Mix
Category Archives: Candidates
Had Hillary Clinton won the election, I would not have written a post-election post. But Donald Trump won, and I would like to offer my thoughts. Donald Trump’s victory speech was gracious, and I appreciated the goals that he articulated … Continue reading
The Trump and Hillary ads that I saw last night were the best political ads that I had seen in the 2016 general election. I got goosebumps after watching both of them! They were very well done. In this post, … Continue reading
Introduction I voted earlier this month, since Oregon sends out ballots by mail. I decided to cast my vote early because I was vacillating all over the place about whom I should vote for, and I wanted closure in that … Continue reading
Early in May, Rachel Maddow interviewed Bernie Sanders in Burlington, Vermont. Maddow asked Sanders how his vast array of support could be marshaled into a political movement after the election. She drew a comparison with Pat Robertson’s candidacy in 1988. … Continue reading
I want to pass on a couple of Paul Krugman’s recent blog posts. They are critical of Bernie Sanders. Paul Krugman is a notorious liberal economist who won a Nobel Prize. He is an influential voice on the Left. Weakened … Continue reading
I want to share two articles about Bernie Sanders’ health care plan. The first is opposed to it and agrees with Chelsea Clinton’s characterization of it. The second offers a different perspective. Chelsea Clinton Was Right: Everyone’s Health Care Is … Continue reading