January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Rewire Your Heart, by David Bowden
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: barack obama
David L. Holmes. The Faiths of the Postwar Presidents: From Truman to Obama. Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. David L. Holmes teaches religious studies at the College of William and Mary. About … Continue reading
The things about President Barack Obama that I find endearing are also the things that I find annoying. And incidentally, we’ll probably be seeing more of these things in the last two years of his Presidency, now that the Republicans … Continue reading
I have three items for my write-up today on W.A. Swanberg’s biography of six-time Socialist candidate for President, Norman Thomas. The biography is entitled Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist. 1. Swanberg narrates that Thomas’ newspaper column eventually came to lose … Continue reading
I get a list of conservative Townhall columns in my e-mail inbox each day, and I usually try to read one or two of them (sometimes more). Yesterday, I really enjoyed Jeff Jacoby’s column about Samantha Power, who is President … Continue reading
I finished Richard Nixon’s 1962 book, Six Crises. I read the appendix, which has three speeches that Richard Nixon gave when he was Vice-President: One in Great Britain, one in the Soviet Union, and one as the Republican candidate for … Continue reading
My favorite part of President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech last night was the following: “Through tax credits, grants, and better loans, we have made college more affordable for millions of students and families over the last few … Continue reading
Here are my favorite parts of President Barack Obama’s 2013 inaugural address: “We are true to our creed when a little girl born into the bleakest poverty knows that she has the same chance to succeed as anybody else, because … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government, M. Stanton Evans discusses and is critical of liberal justifications for expanding the role of the federal government, even though the Tenth Amendment limits the … Continue reading
My favorite part of the 2012 Presidential race was Bill Clinton’s speech at the Democratic National Convention (see here for the transcript). There are a couple of reasons for this: 1. At first, I found the speech to be rather … Continue reading