Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Tag Archives: Seventh-Day Adventism
I probably should have written this post when Ben Carson was higher up in the polls, but this is a topic of interest to me, so I will post it. Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who is running for the … Continue reading
Years ago, a group of us at the church that I attended was getting into some theological discussions. Our Sabbath school lesson was about the rebellion of Satan and his angels against God: you probably know the story about how … Continue reading
I’ve been wanting to blog about Presidential candidate Ben Carson being a Seventh-Day Adventist. Now that it is in the news quite a bit, I figure that now is a good time to write this post. Here are some ramblings. … Continue reading
I have been reading the Book of Pseudo-Philo for my daily quiet time. My Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha dates Pseudo-Philo to the first century C.E. Pseudo-Philo is a Jewish work, and it contains interpretations and elaborations of biblical stories that may have … Continue reading