May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Paul Krugman
Paul Krugman’s Critique of Bernie Sanders
I want to pass on a couple of Paul Krugman’s recent blog posts. They are critical of Bernie Sanders. Paul Krugman is a notorious liberal economist who won a Nobel Prize. He is an influential voice on the Left. Weakened … Continue reading
How Should Leftists Respond to the Economy under President Obama?
I was reading a Forbes article yesterday: Economically, Could Obama Be America’s Best President? The Dow has been doing very well lately, and some have argued that this has contributed to a growth in federal revenue that has helped to … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Economics, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged deficit spending, forbes article, leftists, Paul Krugman, Robert Reich, sequester Comments Off on How Should Leftists Respond to the Economy under President Obama?
Paul Krugman’s The Conscience of a Liberal 8: Party of Ideas
I finished Paul Krugman’s The Conscience of a Liberal. In this post, I’ll highlight something that Krugman says on page 271: “In fact, to survey the current political scene is to be struck by just how well formulated the progressive … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Economics, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged 2008 election, Economic Crisis, Hillary Clinton, hillary clinton in 2008, housing crisis, Paul Krugman, renegotiate mortgages Comments Off on Paul Krugman’s The Conscience of a Liberal 8: Party of Ideas
Paul Krugman’s The Conscience of a Liberal 7
In my latest reading of The Conscience of a Liberal, Paul Krugman refers to a study by Elizabeth Warren and business consultant Amelia Warren Tyagi (who is also Elizabeth Warren’s daughter) concerning bankruptcy in the U.S. Krugman summarizes their findings … Continue reading
Paul Krugman’s The Conscience of a Liberal 6: “What’s Okay with Kansas?”
In my latest reading of The Conscience of a Liberal, Paul Krugman interacts with Thomas Frank’s 2004 book, What’s the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America? In that book, Frank argues that many people in Kansas … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged Paul Krugman, Sam Brownback, What's the Matter with Kansas? Comments Off on Paul Krugman’s The Conscience of a Liberal 6: “What’s Okay with Kansas?”