Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- No Man is an Island by Thomas Merton, book review
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Category Archives: George W. Bush
After I wrote and published my blog post about the late Phyllis Schlafly a few days ago, I recalled two other interactions that I had about her. These interactions converged around a particular issue: the U.S. Patriot Act. It was … Continue reading
Nicholas Wapshott. Keynes Hayek: The Clash That Defined Modern Economics. New York and London: W.W. Norton and Company, 2011. See here to buy the book. John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek were economists who profoundly impacted the twentieth century, and … Continue reading
Randy Boyagoda. Richard John Neuhaus: A Life in the Public Square. New York: Image (an imprint of Crown, a division of Random House), 2015. See here to purchase the book. Richard John Neuhaus (1936-2009) was a Catholic priest and a … Continue reading
On page 173 of Nixonland, Rick Perlstein states the following about Republican politician George Romney, who was the father of Mitt Romney, the Republican who lost the 2012 Presidential election: “[George] Romney, a Republican who kept on getting elected in … Continue reading
On page 572 of President Nixon: Alone in the White House, Richard Reeves says the following: “What America did not seem to want was the aid Nixon had pledged to Vietnam, both South and North, in the peace agreement…[E]ven J. … Continue reading
On page 287 of President Nixon: Alone in the White House, Richard Reeves states: “If that deficit spending would entice more private spending, by both corporations and consumers, then the Republican president was now ready to buy into the pump-priming … Continue reading