Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Psalm 75
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Monthly Archives: July 2012
In my latest reading of End the Fed, Ron Paul talks about the people who intellectually influenced him, and Paul mentions his upbringing and certain economists whom he met, read, and heard. Another person who influenced Ron Paul was a … Continue reading
I finished Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age. I have three items. 1. I found something that Koester says on pages 362-363 to be interesting. Koester says that ancient Roman religion usually viewed their deities as … Continue reading
I started Ron Paul’s End the Fed, which is about the Federal Reserve. According to Ron Paul, a big reason that a national bank and (later) the Federal Reserve were established was so that money could be pumped into the … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age, I’ll talk about economic policy. I have three items. 1. On page 329, Koester talks about imperial Roman attempts to end exploitation, to bring economic … Continue reading
On Rachel Held Evans’ site, there is an excellent post by Erin Thomas on Embracing Faith As an Aspie. The post is excellent, as were many of the comments. But my favorite comment was by lainiep: “As an aspie female … Continue reading
At church this morning, we had a baptism. The liturgy said, “We praise you for sending Jesus your Son, who was baptized in the waters of the Jordan, and was anointed as the Christ by your Holy Spirit.” This made … Continue reading
I finished Newt Gingrich’s To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine. In this post, I’d like to highlight something that Newt says on page 316: The Tea Party movement “is not a movement of any one party. While the recent … Continue reading
In my latest reading of To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine, Newt Gingrich affirms that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to keep and bear arms, for that enables people to defend themselves against tyranny. Newt appeals to … Continue reading