Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Christ Is Yours, by Eric Rivera
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Psalm 35
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: July 2012
In my latest reading of End the Fed, Ron Paul talks about the people who intellectually influenced him, and Paul mentions his upbringing and certain economists whom he met, read, and heard. Another person who influenced Ron Paul was a … Continue reading
I finished Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age. I have three items. 1. I found something that Koester says on pages 362-363 to be interesting. Koester says that ancient Roman religion usually viewed their deities as … Continue reading
I started Ron Paul’s End the Fed, which is about the Federal Reserve. According to Ron Paul, a big reason that a national bank and (later) the Federal Reserve were established was so that money could be pumped into the … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age, I’ll talk about economic policy. I have three items. 1. On page 329, Koester talks about imperial Roman attempts to end exploitation, to bring economic … Continue reading
On Rachel Held Evans’ site, there is an excellent post by Erin Thomas on Embracing Faith As an Aspie. The post is excellent, as were many of the comments. But my favorite comment was by lainiep: “As an aspie female … Continue reading
At church this morning, we had a baptism. The liturgy said, “We praise you for sending Jesus your Son, who was baptized in the waters of the Jordan, and was anointed as the Christ by your Holy Spirit.” This made … Continue reading
I finished Newt Gingrich’s To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine. In this post, I’d like to highlight something that Newt says on page 316: The Tea Party movement “is not a movement of any one party. While the recent … Continue reading
In my latest reading of To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine, Newt Gingrich affirms that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to keep and bear arms, for that enables people to defend themselves against tyranny. Newt appeals to … Continue reading