Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: July 26, 2012
In my latest reading of To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine, Newt Gingrich talks about Medicare. He laments that a lot of money on Medicare is wasted on account of such things as Medicare fraud, lack of coordination, paperwork, … Continue reading
I have three items for my write-up today on Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age. 1. On page 156, Koester says that “The old Greek religion was a religion of city gods”, in which gods were … Continue reading