Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Josephus and James, the Brother of Jesus
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- David Marshall: Christ in the Rig Veda?
- Music in The Stand
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: July 12, 2012
In my latest reading of Courage to Stand, Tim Pawlenty tells funny stories about his campaigns for public offices. Like Michele Bachmann (another Minnesotan Republican), Pawlenty presents himself as an underdog going up against significant odds, and yet Pawlenty narrates … Continue reading
I have two links for today. 1. Ben Wallace-Wells has an excellent article in The Rolling Stone about liberal MSNBC host Rachel Maddow. My reaction to Rachel Maddow is mixed. On the positive side, I agree with the article that … Continue reading
I’m continuing my way through John Boswell’s Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality. I’m not overly convinced by Boswell’s interpretation of the biblical passages that appear to condemn homosexuality. Boswell argues that Leviticus 18:22 does not condemn homosexual sex as a … Continue reading