Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Book Write-Up: Jesus, by A.W. Tozer
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Psalm 5
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Daily Archives: July 18, 2012
I finished Tim Pawlenty’s Courage to Stand. There were a variety of interesting items in my latest reading of this book. First, I appreciated Pawlenty’s distinction between radical Muslims and other Muslims, in light of the tendency of a large … Continue reading
I started John Boswell’s Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe. In my latest reading, Boswell argues that there were same-sex unions in the Greco-Roman world. There was heterosexual matrimony, of course, and that pertained to such issues as property. But, according … Continue reading