Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- "A Harder Task Than Making Bricks Without Straw"
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Piety: Ziba, David, and Mephibosheth
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Daily Archives: July 18, 2012
I finished Tim Pawlenty’s Courage to Stand. There were a variety of interesting items in my latest reading of this book. First, I appreciated Pawlenty’s distinction between radical Muslims and other Muslims, in light of the tendency of a large … Continue reading
I started John Boswell’s Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe. In my latest reading, Boswell argues that there were same-sex unions in the Greco-Roman world. There was heterosexual matrimony, of course, and that pertained to such issues as property. But, according … Continue reading