Posts I Like
April 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- About Me
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
Category Archives: Books
Beth Wiseman. An Amish Year: Four Amish Novellas. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2015. See here to buy the book. An Amish Year contains four novellas about the Amish. The stories get better as the book proceeds. Allow me to comment on … Continue reading
Visiting Powell’s Book Store: Anne Rice’s Collection, Atheist and Christian Apologetics, and New Age Bible Versions
I went to Powell’s bookstore in Portland on Labor Day. I browsed inside the rare book room, the philosophy section, and the religion section. The religion section is so big that I didn’t even get to see everything! Here are … Continue reading
Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. Where Courage Calls. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2014. A little background on why I decided to read this book: I am part of Bethany House Publisher’s blogger review program. Each month, I receive two newsletters … Continue reading
Lynn Austin. A Light to My Path. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2004. A Light to My Path is the third book of Lynn Austin’s Refiner’s Fire series about the American Civil War. The first book, Candle in the Darkness, focused on … Continue reading
A while back, when I got the Hallmark Channel, the channel would frequently play the movie versions of Janette Oke’s Love Comes Softly series. Michael Landon, Jr. directed some of them, and Katherine Heigl was in the first two. Sometimes, … Continue reading
Here is a question for me to ramble about today: Why am I prejudiced against fiction? Or am I? I can think of some fiction books that I enjoyed. After I finished them, I felt as if I had eaten … Continue reading
Ashlee Willis. The Word Changers. Conquest Publishers, 2014. ISBN-10: 0990397912. ISBN-13: 978-0990397915. See here to purchase the book. The Word Changers is Christian fantasy for young adults. While I am not part of the book’s target audience, I enjoyed reading … Continue reading