Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Christmas Wish
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- Church Write-Up: Surprised Not Shocked; Imputed or Practical?; Avoiding Hell by Productivity?
- Book Review: The Scandal Of Redemption
- Carr-trauma, atonement, and the Jesus Jews
- Book Write-Up: The Miracle Worker and the Misfits
- Fictional Characters Who Appear Even in Historical Literature
- Carr- the crystalization of the Bible
- Why are rural areas right wing and urban areas left wing?
- Book Write-Up: Dynamics of Muslim Worlds
- Carr-Ezra, puritanism, and resilience
- The History and Context of the Second Amendment
Category Archives: Radio
I have three items for my write-up on this morning’s church service. 1. During the children’s part of the service, the pastor and his puppet, Jake, were addressing what Christians can do in response to the problems in the world. … Continue reading
I watched the 2012 Christian movie, The Last Ounce of Courage. Some people in my Bible study group were recommending it, and, after coming home and reading what it was about, I was expecting not to like it. Well, I … Continue reading
Alvin Plantinga. Warranted Christian Belief. New York, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. Alvin Plantinga is a renowned Christian philosopher. I first heard of him when I was a student at Harvard Divinity School. I was taking William Abraham’s class on … Continue reading
At church this morning, one theme that I heard was the importance of being thankful, not just for material blessings, but also for spiritual blessings. I thought back to when I was living in New York City. I would listen … Continue reading
In our church bulletin this morning, there was a flyer for a Christian radio station. I used to listen to Christian radio a lot. In the days when I did not have a television, it was what I would do … Continue reading
As of late, I haven’t been able to get enough of the radio program Unbelievable?, a Christian British program that is hosted by Justin Brierley. Brierley has on prominent Christian apologists, scholars, and thinkers, as well as non-believing writers and … Continue reading