Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart's Thought
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Unrealistic Chris Rock, Tim Lahaye, and Jerry Jenkins
- Dennis Kiszonas (Dispensationalist) on Matthew 25:35-40 ("I Was Hungry...")
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: August 2012
I just finished watching the last night of the 2012 Republican National Convention. Although the talk today is mostly about the speech by Clint Eastwood (who conversed with an empty chair) and the speech by Mitt Romney himself, I thought … Continue reading
I finished Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance. In my latest reading, Obama talked about introducing Michelle to his family—-on both his father’s side (in Africa) and his mother’s side (in the U.S.). Barack’s … Continue reading
I finished John Anderson’s Jacob and the Divine Trickster: A Theology of Deception and YHWH’s Fidelity to the Ancestral Promise in the Jacob Cycle. Anderson’s argument appears to be that God supported Jacob’s deception of people and Laban’s deception of … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama relates the story that his Granny in Kenya told him about his paternal grandfather and his father. On pages 429-430, Obama narrates: “When … Continue reading
I started John Anderson’s Jacob and the Divine Trickster: A Theology of Deception and YHWH’s Fidelity to the Ancestral Promise in the Jacob Cycle. I’d like to start this post by sharing my experiences in evangelical circles. In evangelical circles, … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, I noticed similarities between certain Kenyan tribal customs and rules in the Torah: a man marries his brother’s wife when his brother dies, … Continue reading
I finished Angela Roskop’s The Wilderness Itineraries: Genre, Geography, and the Growth of Torah. Roskop’s argument is that a priestly scribe wrote wilderness itineraries in the Torah to promote a program of Israel returning from exile. According to Roskop, the … Continue reading
I just watched the first night of the Republican National Convention. Here are some of my reactions. 1. I can only speak for myself personally, but I thought that the Convention made quite an impression when it comes to policy. … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama is still in Kenya. On pages 352-353, Obama talks about a conversation he had with a man named Francis about taxes … Continue reading
I have two items for my write-up today on Angela Roskop’s The Wilderness Itineraries: Genre, Geography, and the Growth of Torah. Itineraries are documents that discuss travel from place to place, and we see itineraries in both the Torah and … Continue reading