Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- About Me
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Monthly Archives: August 2012
I just finished watching the last night of the 2012 Republican National Convention. Although the talk today is mostly about the speech by Clint Eastwood (who conversed with an empty chair) and the speech by Mitt Romney himself, I thought … Continue reading
I finished Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance. In my latest reading, Obama talked about introducing Michelle to his family—-on both his father’s side (in Africa) and his mother’s side (in the U.S.). Barack’s … Continue reading
I finished John Anderson’s Jacob and the Divine Trickster: A Theology of Deception and YHWH’s Fidelity to the Ancestral Promise in the Jacob Cycle. Anderson’s argument appears to be that God supported Jacob’s deception of people and Laban’s deception of … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama relates the story that his Granny in Kenya told him about his paternal grandfather and his father. On pages 429-430, Obama narrates: “When … Continue reading
I started John Anderson’s Jacob and the Divine Trickster: A Theology of Deception and YHWH’s Fidelity to the Ancestral Promise in the Jacob Cycle. I’d like to start this post by sharing my experiences in evangelical circles. In evangelical circles, … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, I noticed similarities between certain Kenyan tribal customs and rules in the Torah: a man marries his brother’s wife when his brother dies, … Continue reading
I finished Angela Roskop’s The Wilderness Itineraries: Genre, Geography, and the Growth of Torah. Roskop’s argument is that a priestly scribe wrote wilderness itineraries in the Torah to promote a program of Israel returning from exile. According to Roskop, the … Continue reading