Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Category Archives: Race
I have three topics for my church write-up today. Last Sunday, I went to a Baptist church. Most of the people who attend, as well as the pastor, are African-American. But there are a significant number of white people who … Continue reading
Soong-Chan Rah. Prophetic Lament: A Call for Justice in Troubled Times. Downers Grove, IVP Books, 2015. See here to purchase the book. Soong-Chan Rah helped plant a church in inner-city Cambridge, Massachusetts, and his first sermon series was about the … Continue reading
This morning, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich was on ABC This Week. He was on shortly after Republican Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who was defending Kim Davis. Here is the interaction between George Stephanopoulos and Kasich on Kim Davis (see … Continue reading
I’ve been watching the new ABC series, American Crime, which is on Thursday nights at 10 pm. I want to write some of my reactions to the show, and I’ll use as my starting-point wikipedia’s succinct description: “The show follows … Continue reading
A person who knew my story would probably say that I was naive about race when I was younger. At the undergraduate institution that I attended, I was taking a Winter Term class. I was arguing against affirmative action, saying … Continue reading
I finished Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), by Michael Eric Dyson. In this post, I’ll talk about Dyson’s discussion of the economic situation of African-Americans. Dyson acknowledges the economic improvements in the … Continue reading