Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- In the Mold of Scalia and Thomas
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- The Accused
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- About Me
- Book Write-Up: UnClobber, by Colby Martin
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: Sunlight, by Julius Buchanan
- Ramblings on Music and Worship
- Book Write-Up: The Book of Mormon
- Book Write-Up: War Against War, by Michael Kazin
- Book Write-Up: He Will Be the Preacher, by Erwin W. Lutzer
- Pentecostal/Name-It-Claim-It Remnants?
- Book Write-Up: Vos’ Reformed Dogmatics, volume 1, Theology Proper
- Book Write-Up: What Does the Bible Say About Suffering?
- Another Phyllis Schlafly Recollection
- Lots of Time Before the Wiping Away of Tears
Category Archives: Race
I have three topics for my church write-up today. Last Sunday, I went to a Baptist church. Most of the people who attend, as well as the pastor, are African-American. But there are a significant number of white people who … Continue reading
Soong-Chan Rah. Prophetic Lament: A Call for Justice in Troubled Times. Downers Grove, IVP Books, 2015. See here to purchase the book. Soong-Chan Rah helped plant a church in inner-city Cambridge, Massachusetts, and his first sermon series was about the … Continue reading
This morning, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich was on ABC This Week. He was on shortly after Republican Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who was defending Kim Davis. Here is the interaction between George Stephanopoulos and Kasich on Kim Davis (see … Continue reading
I’ve been watching the new ABC series, American Crime, which is on Thursday nights at 10 pm. I want to write some of my reactions to the show, and I’ll use as my starting-point wikipedia’s succinct description: “The show follows … Continue reading
A person who knew my story would probably say that I was naive about race when I was younger. At the undergraduate institution that I attended, I was taking a Winter Term class. I was arguing against affirmative action, saying … Continue reading
I finished Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), by Michael Eric Dyson. In this post, I’ll talk about Dyson’s discussion of the economic situation of African-Americans. Dyson acknowledges the economic improvements in the … Continue reading