Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Ramblings on The Devil's Advocate and Demons Being Unafraid of the Bible
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
Category Archives: Environment
Wolfhart Pannenberg. The Idea of God and Human Freedom. Philadelphia: The Westminster Press, 1973. This book is a collection of seven essays by theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg. I had never read Pannenberg before reading this book, but I heard of him … Continue reading
I have two items for my blog post today about Joan Hoff’s Nixon Reconsidered. 1. On page 21, we read the following about President Richard Nixon’s environmental policy, specifically White House counsel John Ehrlichman’s contribution to it: “Often using poll … Continue reading
In my post today on Jerry Voorhis’ critical look at the Nixon Administration, The Strange Case of Richard Milhous Nixon (copyright 1972, 1973), I’ll focus on Voorhis’ discussion of President Richard Nixon’s environmental policies. My conservative brother has brought up … Continue reading
Jerry Voorhis was a Democratic Congressman from California, and he was defeated by Republican Richard Milhous Nixon in 1946. Voorhis wrote a book during Richard Nixon’s Presidency, much of which was a critique of Nixon’s policies as President. The book … Continue reading
I have three items for my write-up today on volume 2 of Richard Nixon’s memoirs. 1. A couple of posts ago, I wrote about Watergate. In that particular post, I said that Nixon admitted that he sought to encourage the … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin talks about eschatology. In reading Audlin’s discussion of this, I thought about Rosemary Ruether’s critique of environmental apocalyptism in her book, Gaia and … Continue reading
In my latest reading of M. Stanton Evans’ Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), I finished the chapter on the environment, read the chapter on the energy crisis, and started the chapter on civil … Continue reading
In my latest reading of M. Stanton Evans’ Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), I finished the chapter on health care, read the chapter on “The Population Scare”, and started the chapter on the … Continue reading
As my readers know, I finished George Marsden’s excellent biography of Jonathan Edwards. In this post, I’ll talk about some of my experiences with Jonathan Edwards’ works, particularly when I was in high school. If my memory is correct, I … Continue reading