Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- About Me
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Charlene's Story
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: environment
In my latest reading of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin talks about eschatology. In reading Audlin’s discussion of this, I thought about Rosemary Ruether’s critique of environmental apocalyptism in her book, Gaia and … Continue reading
Reuters recently had a story entitled Government to shut down Texas women’s health program. The opening paragraph states: “The Obama Administration on Thursday said it would begin shutting down a program that provides health care for more than 100,000 low-income … Continue reading
Rachel Held Evans has posted her “Ask a Christian Progressive” post, which features Progressive Tim King, of Sojourners. I especially appreciated Tim’s response to the question “What myth about progressives would you like to debunk?” He says: “It’s on the … Continue reading
I listened to two talk radio shows today. The first was that of Rush Limbaugh, the controversial right-wing host. And the second was that of Thom Hartmann, a progressive. I was especially intrigued by their different points-of-view on energy policy, … Continue reading