Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Conservative Anti-Bush Bibliography
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: Family
Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly has passed on at the age of 92. In this post, I will share my interactions with her thought throughout the course of my life, as well as some links. When did I first hear of … Continue reading
I started Julie Nixon Eisenhower’s Pat Nixon: The Untold Story. Julie was the youngest daughter of Richard and Pat Nixon. What I’ll do in this post is quote a passage of the book that stood out to me, and then … Continue reading
In my blog post today about Daniel Frick’s Reinventing Richard Nixon: A Cultural History of an American Obsession, I’ll use as my starting-point a passage on pages 167-168. There, Frick states: “For liberals, Richard Nixon serves as more than an … Continue reading
I finished Joan Hoff’s Nixon Reconsidered. I have three items. 1. I liked something that Hoff said on pages 344-345: “…the parents of those born after 1974 either strongly opposed or supported Nixon for reasons their children still do not … Continue reading
I watched Life of Pi last night, and I rewatched parts of it this morning. Life of Pi was a reward-winning movie that was released in 2012, and it is based on a 2001 book by Yann Martel. It is … Continue reading
On page 197 of Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist, W.A. Swanberg refers to Terre Haute, Indiana as Eugene “Debs’s town and a holy place to Socialists”. I grew up close to Terre Haute, and I visited the Debs museum twice. … Continue reading
I finished Herman Wouk’s The Language God Talks: On Science and Religion. At the end of the book, Wouk quotes the sermon of Professor Aaron Jastrow, who was a character in Wouk’s book, War and Remembrance. As I read the … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Richard Nixon’s 1992 book, Seize the Moment: America’s Challenge in a One-Superpower World, I will again quote passages from the book, following each quote with my comments. 1. On pages 176-177, Nixon discusses what the … Continue reading