Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Movie Write-Up: God's Not Dead 2
- Book Write-Up: The Scripture Way of Salvation
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: August 22, 2012
I watched Paradise Recovered yesterday. Paradise Recovered is a 2010 film that was written by Andie Redwine (see here for her blog). I met Andie through friends who were recovering from Armstrongism. Her movie is about spiritual abuse, and, as you … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama talks about his time as a community organizer in Chicago. He talks about the different perspectives and the personality conflicts. Some did not … Continue reading
Today is my blog’s fifth birthday! Most years, my Blogger blog does better than my WordPress blog. This year, my WordPress blog did better, in areas. My Blogger blog still gets many more views, mind you, but my WordPress blog … Continue reading
On this blog, a point that I have made more than once is that Obamacare is moving Medicare away from a fee-for-service model—-a model in which Medicare reimburses doctors for every service that they provide to their patients, thereby incentivizing … Continue reading
For my write-up today on W.D. Davies’ The Gospel and the Land, I have two items. 1. My first item is imminent eschatology, the notion that the end would come soon. According to Davies, Mark and Luke do not believe … Continue reading