Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 12:22-37: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
- Gnostic Soteriology
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Time Magazine correspondent Michael Grunwald has a new book out about President Barack Obama’s stimulus, The New New Deal: The Hidden Story of Change in the Obama Era. Click here to read Slate’s excellent interview with Grunwald. In this interview, … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Dreams from My Fathers: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama talks about his experiences in Kenya, where he had family. Obama liked Kenya because he felt part of a warm community, but over … Continue reading
I started Angela Roskop’s The Wilderness Itineraries: Genre, Georgraphy, and the Growth of the Torah. This book is about wilderness itineraries, such as the one in Numbers 33, which lists the places that the Israelites went after they left Egypt. … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn “Calling You”, which was written by Hank Williams. Click here to read the lyrics, and here to listen to the song. The first verse especially stood out to me: “When you’ve strayed … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama talks about Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, which was pastored by Jeremiah Wright. Why was the church so successful? Obama talks … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack Obama talks about one of his Kenyan brothers, Roy, who had difficulty forgiving their father because the father always expected him to be the … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 91, which is about God’s protection of people from harm. I used to know a preacher who liked to tell a story about Psalm 91. He told me … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, I’ll talk about the issue of success in social activism, while also drawing on some of my favorite passages in my latest reading. … Continue reading
I finished W.D. Davies’ The Gospel and the Land. Davies includes as Appendix IV an article by Gunter Stemberger entitled “Galilee—-Land of Salvation?” Stemberger is arguing against certain viewpoints about Galilee in the Gospels—-that there was a Galilean church, for … Continue reading