October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart's Thought
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Unrealistic Chris Rock, Tim Lahaye, and Jerry Jenkins
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Tag Archives: entertainment
I watched the 2012 movie Lincoln last night. I don’t go to the theater much these days, so I wait instead for movies to come out on DVD. I remember when Lincoln was in the theaters, and I read this … Continue reading
I watched a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie last night that I actually kind of liked. It was called Remember Sunday. It was about a man named Gus who had the same sort of problem that the Drew Barrymore character … Continue reading
I just learned that former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has passed on. I suppose that I liked Margaret Thatcher’s policies back when I was a conservative. I would read in my college political science class about how she rolled … Continue reading
I haven’t been able to watch the History Channel series on the Bible because I only get basic cable. But what’s odd is this: with all of my doubt about and even hostility towards organized religion, I am still happy … Continue reading
I watched the movie Game Change recently, which is about Sarah Palin. The movie is widely considered to be a negative depiction of Palin, even by Palin herself (who, as far as I know, has not seen the movie). And … Continue reading
As many of you know, actor Larry Hagman has passed on. Hagman is best known for his roles in I Dream of Jeannie and Dallas. I wasn’t allowed to watch Dallas when I was a kid, but I occasionally got … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor in his sermon was talking about the 1963 movie Lillies of the Field, in which Sidney Poitier played a handyman who built a church for a group of East German nuns. (According to wikipedia, … Continue reading